Central Update Bulletin - Issue 6
myON is ON and ready to go!
What is myOn?
myON provides anytime, anywhere access to a library of more than 8,000 enhanced digital books.
How can you get started now?
All staff and students at Central should now have access! (Except those newly enrolled within last two weeks – should be completed soon.)
- Get students started
- Use this video to introduce myON at https://vimeo.com/135962014. This video explains logging in and getting started with the new interface . NOTE: You can stop around the 2:30 mark when they start talking about the view for older students. At the end there is some more information for you as a teacher, if you want to watch that individually.
- New Login for students:
- Username = student id
- Password – abc1234
- Allow students to complete the interest inventory and short assessment on the computer before trying to access at home. (This should take 25 minutes or less.)
New Improvements and Uses in the Classroom
- District Training is coming soon!
- Teacher/Staff login:
- Username = district email
- Password = !Abc123
When can we get started with our students?
- Students with logons from this past summer can continue with their new username and password – past summer reading information will still be there.
- 2015-16 New students – try to log them on with login information above. NOTE: They will need approximately 25 – 30 minutes to complete the beginning inventory.
- Newly enrolled students (Sept 1 or later ) - If they cannot log in at this time, we are working quickly to try to get the upload process going. I’ll email to keep you posted as to the status of getting recently enrolled students uploaded.
How can I get my students excited about using this new tool?
- Share this 2 minute video during announcements or in classroom https://vimeo.com/107605913 . We will be showing it on announcements Tuesday.
- Informational flyers will be delivered to campuses soon to be passed out at parent conferences!
Tutoring Begins Tuesday...
Tutoring begins this week: Tuesdays and Thursdays 3:00 – 3:45
Please keep attendance. Attendance spreadsheets are being updated and placed in the grade level tutoring folders.
Only kinder and first are ordering snacks at this time. Forms and procedures for requesting snacks from Maria Perez, cafeteria manager, are in the 15-16 S drive>Tutoring folder. Please save a copy of the snack form to your folder before using the original.
Please keep attendance (Title 1 compliance). Attendance spreadsheets are being updated and placed in the grade level tutoring folders located inside the main Tutoring S drive folder.
Tutoring dismissal: 3,4,5 will dismiss promptly at 3:45 from the north / Cox St. side of the building. K,1,&2 will dismiss from the main front entrance.
Teachers who have been TELPAS raters/verifiers in the past should log in to the TELPAS Training Center’s website @ https://texas.pearson.desire2learn.com/ prior to October 16, 2015 to print off all certificates from TELPAS training courses and calibrations.
Pearson will no longer maintain training histories for raters/verifiers. After October 16, training histories and certificates will be deleted from the Pearson database.
Focus Point: Time
Week at a Glance
Monday, September 28th
- Clubs Begin
- New Teacher Academy @ 3:15 in the Library
- Science Monday grades 3, 4, 5 @ 3:30 ESDC
- Social Studies Monday grades K and 1@ 3:30 ESDC
- GT Fall Parent Night 5:00-5:30 in Central Library
- Love and Logic - Session #4 5:30-7:00
Tuesday, September 29th
- 4th Grade Reading Teachers Out half day A.M.
- 5th Grade Reading Teachers Out half day P.M.
- Tutoring Begins
- Dual Language Academic Meet Meeting @ 4:00-6:00 ESDC
Wednesday, September 30th
- Internal Observations Day - We will be using these observations to help determine our problem of practice.
- PTA Jeans Day - $1.00 for students
- 4th Grade to Outdoor Learning Center
Spotlight On...Mrs. Aguayo and Mrs. Flores
Future Dates To Remember:
Monday, October 5th
- Love and Logic @ 5:30-7:00
Tuesday, October 6th
- Essilor Vision Van here
- Service Awards Dinner @ 6:30-8:30
Wednesday, October 7th
- Walk/Ride to School Day (Organized by School Culture Committee)
Monday, October 12th
- No School - Fair Day
Tuesday, October 13th
- PTA Meeting @ 4:00 in Library
Wednesday, October 14th
- Staff Meeting
Thursday, October 15th
- 5th Grade Father and Son Night 5:30-7:30
Friday, October 16th
- End of the 1st 9 Weeks