All the Information You Need About the Polar Plunge
How to Register for the Polar Plunge
On the left hand side, you will see the tab that says Plunger Registration, click the button
Once you are on the registration tab, you will click to register with an existing team
Our team name is UW-L Kappa Delt Pi
Whether you are registering to take the plunge or as a chicken, you will register this way!
More About the Organization and the Polar Plunge
The Special Olympics Wisconsin (SOWI) Polar Plunge® winter fundraiser is a unique opportunity for brave Wisconsinites to be “Freezin’ for a Reason”! To support Special Olympics athletes, Plungers leap into icy bodies of water across the state. Plungers consist of individuals and teams of students, law enforcement officers, business professionals, and families. Anyone is welcome! Too Chicken? No problem! Register as 'Too Chicken to Plunge' and you can raise pledges, earn incentives, and stay dry.
Last year, 1,400 individuals participated in the Coulee Region Polar Plunge, raising more than $215,000 for Special Olympics Wisconsin. This year will mark the 15th year of the Coulee Region Polar Plunge and there are a number of ways to get involved! We hope to see you on Saturday, March 2 as we celebrate our 15th Anniversary of Freezin’ for a Reason!
*Information taken from Polar Plunge Website
Some Basic Information About the Event
Plunging Time: Noon-3pm
Location: Pettibone Beach, La Crosse
Shuttle Buses run from 7am-3pm
There is a Pick-Up Location in Lot C-7, near the Rec
Shuttle Buses are Free!!
Early Check-In Events:
Port O'Call, Cartwright Center
Thursday, February 28, 2013
- All Plungers & Chickens must raise a minimum of $75 to Plunge
- You can register to take the Polar Plunge or sign up as "Too Chicken to Plunge"
- You can take the Polar Plunge by yourself or on a team
- Teams can be of any size
- Plungers MUST wear shoes when plunging
- There is no age requirement to Plunge, but minors must have a waiver signed by a parent or guardian
- All cash and check donations should be turned in at an Early Event Check-In or on Event Day
- Checks should be made out to Special Olympics Wisconsin