AMMS Lion's Roar
"Recognize the Roar"
Monday, March 6th, 2023
2022 - 2023 School Year
Mr. Trey Martin, Principal
Dr. Mimi Gamel, 7th grade Assistant Principal
Mrs. Ashley Perry, 6th grade Assistant Principal
Congratulations to our AMMS Reflections Winners at the North Fulton County Level.
These winners will advance to the Georgia state level for judging.
Youngseo B. (8th) – 2nd Place
Sophia Z. (7th) – 2nd Place
Anvita S. (6th) – 2nd Place
Kevin F. (8th) – 1st Place
Ella M. (8th) – 1st Place
Jason L. (6th) – 1st Place
Tara P. (6th) – 1st Place
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
March 10th - Deadline for Fulton County Parent Survey
March 12th - Daylight Savings Time
March 13th - 17th - Staff/Teacher Appreciation Week
March 13th - No School for Students
March 14th - Teacher Workday - No School for Students
March 16th - Band/Orchestra Concert in Cafe 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.
March 17th - St. Patrick's Day
March 21st - Multicultural Night - 5:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
March 23rd - Scoliosis Screening
Next week we will be celebrating Exceptional Children's Week!
During the week of March 6-10, 2023, the SEC Department will celebrate Exceptional Children’s Week 2023. The theme for this year is “Power in our Differences.” 🦁❤️🌞
Please join us in celebrating our students with exceptionalities!
Below you will find a list of the daily opportunities for your HOMEROOM STUDENTS to participate.
Please encourage your homerooms to participate in the fun activities! ❤️
Rising 9th Graders Final Course Forms - Due March 17th
Parents and Future Gladiators,
We are now in Phase 3 of the scheduling process for Rising 9th graders attending Johns Creek High School. Please read the following information carefully.
Today, your student will receive a BLUE “Final Course Request Form”. This form must be completed for all students, dated, and signed by a parent, and then returned to their homeroom teachers by March 17th.
Please follow these directions:
- Review teacher recommendations that were made in Infinite Campus. These will be on one side of the BLUE form.
- CROSS OUT courses that your student does not want to take.
- On the reverse side of the requested courses:
- Complete Student Name, Student ID #, verify TAG status, and complete the Summer Contact.
- In the boxes, write the 6 classes your student wishes to take for the 2023-24 school year.
- Yearlong classes should be written in both semester 1 and 2.
- Students must choose 2 courses if they are selecting a semester courses, such as health, personal fitness, and American government/civics (one for first semester and different semester course for second semester).
- IF you are requesting a course that a teacher has not recommended:
- Cross the recommended class out on the course side of the BLUE form.
- Write the new class in the appropriate box.
- Parent and Student sign the “Course Waiver” – ONLY if requesting a higher course than recommended.
- IF your student is taking AP Government OR AP Human Geography, parent and student must sign the “AP Commitment” section.
- Complete the box at the bottom of the page:
- Student signature
- Parent Name
- Parent Phone #/email
- Parent Signature
It is important to include parent contact information in the event someone needs to contact you regarding the selections.
EVERY STUDENT IS REQUIRED TO TURN THIS FORM IN SIGNED BY THE STUDENT AND PARENT BY MARCH 17TH. Forms will be date stamped as they are turned in.
A Scheduling FAQ has been posted on the Johns Creek website: https://johnscreekguidance.com/rising-9th-graders/ to help answer any of your questions.
Who: 6th and 8th Grade Students only
Date: March 23rd
First, you must sign up to be a Volunteer with Fulton County Schools. Safety & Security / Register as a Volunteer (fultonschools.org)
Second, you must sign up with Genius: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0F44A8AA22A5FECF8-amms8
Media Center Event
March is International Women's Month! One of the events that we will have is, Girls Who Code with Johns Creek High School! Representatives from this computer coding club at the high school will be here at 8:00 A.M. ON TUESDAY, MARCH 7TH.They will share some information about coding and will host fun activities. All students are welcome to attend.
Media Center Newsletter
Autrey Mill has the best Orchestra!
Congratulations to the 7th and 8th Grade Orchestras for their performances last week at the Georgia Music Educators Association Large Group Performance Evaluation.
LGPE is much like final exams for orchestra where each group is required to play music selected from a graded list for a panel of nationally recognized judges.
The students receive written and verbal comments from the judges as well as a professional recording of the performance. We are thrilled to share that both groups received straight superior ratings with the 8th grade receiving nearly perfect scores from all 3 judges! Thanks also to our faculty and parent volunteers for their help with this important educational opportunity.
Congratulations to our PBIS Students of the Month!
Young Georgia Author’s Writing Competition, Winners!
Recently, students at Autrey Mill Middle School submitted their best showcase pieces of writing as part of the Young Georgia Author’s Writing Competition sponsored by the Georgia Department of Education. Students could submit a writing piece limited only by their creativity. We had an amazing turnout that include some stellar selections! These students earned the Best in Writing Award for their grade levels and moved on to the next round of the YGA writing competition- competing with students throughout Fulton County Schools:
Ashley W. from 6th grade with her piece “Untitled”, Alyona C. from 7th grade with her piece “Sachs Harbour”, and Rebecca W. from 8th grade with her piece “Revelation”.
Both Ashley’s and Rebecca’s writing pieces won at the Fulton County Level, beating out all other submissions from the county in their grades! Their work will go on to the next round and state level winners will be announced in May.
Please congratulate these students for their awesome achievement!
Attention Parents - Survey Dates February 13th - March 10th
1. First, go through the volunteer process from Fulton County Schools
2. Second, if you want to participate showing off the beauty of your culture,
Please fill out this form Multicultural Night Sign Up
3. Permission form for parents to fill out for student participation.
AMMS School Store Volunteers Sign Up 2nd Semester 2022-2023
Calling all AMMS parents and guardians! The School Store needs volunteers for this semester! Join the team to meet new people, be involved and have fun! This is a biweekly 1 1/2 hour commitment. #ammspta Use the QR code or link to sign up to volunteer at The School Store today! https://m.signupgenius.com/#!/showSignUp/10c0f44a8aa22a5fecf8-amms6
Counseling Office Information
Fulton County Public Schools is now offering a secure website to facilitate student records requests and transcripts.
All requests for student records/information will be submitted and paid for (if applicable) online. Phone and fax requests will no longer be accepted.
From the desk of our Social Worker, Dr. John B. Burger, LCSW
Parent's Responsibility When a Child is Absent
- Parents should notify the school before or after the absence(s)
- Notes should be directed to attendance owner at the school
- Handwritten note or email
- Notification from parents should happen no later than 5 days after absence
Middle and High School
- Middle/High School messages begin going out around 4:30 p.m. on the day of the absence.
- If your student is absent or misses one or more periods of the school day, they will be marked with an "A" (for absent) in our attendance system, and you will receive an automated phone call and email message to the designated contact info you provided in Infinite Campus. This includes excused absences that are approved in advance.
- Errors can occur and if you feel you received a phone call by mistake, contact your school front office to verify that your student’s attendance record is accurate.
- If your student's absence was unexpected, please remember to contact your child's school by sending in a note or email so the absence can be marked "excused" in the system.
FCS COVID 19 Reporting Procedures
FCS COVID 19 Reporting
Due to the ever-changing nature of this pandemic, the district will continue to monitor COVID data and recommendations, consult with public health officials, and make additional adjustments as necessary. If your child is sick, please keep them home. Families are still required to report a confirmed positive case of COVID-19, a pending COVID-19 test result (regardless of the reason for testing), and a direct contact with a person who is COVID-19 positive. FCS student/parents must use the Parent Reporting Portal to make the COVID-19 report.
Leadership Johns Creek has a new three-day Program starting March 15-17, 2023!
If you’ve always wanted to explore the community as a whole including the arts, government, education and health and human services of Johns Creek and how your leadership style fits into our community then this newly reimagined format is for you.
Registration includes all event activities as well as pizza for lunch. Please register all members of your family who will be attending and participating in lunch.
If you are Interested in learning more about this event and how to register can be found using the link below.