Chapel of the Cross Faith & Family
Family Bible time for the week of May 10-May 16
Welcome to Chapel's Faith & Family!
Stephen Serves and Speaks
When you need something, who helps you?
As the disciples taught about Jesus, more and more people came to believe in Him, and the Church grew. The new believers sang and worshiped together, they shared food and clothes and cared for one another. But after a while, there were so many people that some women and children were going hungry. What would the Church do to help? They chose men to serve people in need. One was named Stephen.
Bible Lesson: Stephen Serves and Speaks Acts 6-7
- Open your family Bible or a Children's Bible Storybook and read this account together OR
- Read this account using an online Bible (Biblegateway.com) Acts 6-7 OR
- Listen to the Bible account being read using the video below.
Talk about it
- How did the Early Church help people who were in need?
- Why did some Jewish leaders get angry with Stephen?
- Why do you think Stephen was able to forgive the men who hurt Him?
The Early Church chose seven men full of the Spirit and wisdom (they called them deacons) to make sure that everyone who needed help would get it. Stephen was one of the men chosen.
Some Jewish leaders did not believe Jesus was the Messiah. They saw the miraculous things that Stephen was doing, and they were afraid of Him, because He was speaking with wisdom from the Holy Spirit. They hated Stephen teaching about Jesus and they did not want the people to come to faith in Him.
Be kind to one another. Ephesians 4:32
Things To Do Together
We Love You, Mom!
Here are some coloring pages that you can download, print, and color to give to mom today, or any day! We included ones for dad too, so you can be ready for his special day next month.
Designs from Concordia Publishing House. Click below to download.
The Lord's Prayer
Bible Lesson: Concordia Publishing House
Chapel of the Cross--Lutheran
Our Core Values:
- Empowered by the cross of Christ
- People working together
- Opening the Word to all people
- Showing the love of Jesus
- Warm and supportive environment