Daily Faith & Family Formation
Friday, April 17th, 2020
This Week's Memory Verse - John 3:16
"For God SO loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life."
I always learn scripture better when I can put music to it. If that sounds like you, too, you can use this music video to help you remember this all-important verse about God's love and His son's sacrifice for us!
The Story of Samson
- Open up your family Bible or children's Bible and read the story of Samson together. It is found in Judges 13-16
- Here is a kid-friendly, condensed version of the story from Kids' Korner
Supporting Verses for our Lives
- Proverbs 4:23 - "Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life."
- James 4:8 - "Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded."
- 2 Corinthians 12:9 - " But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Hebrews 13:8), and because He is steadfast, who we are in Him remains the same regardless of circumstances. These statements remind us whose we are and who we are Because of who Jesus is.
Speak these statements together as a family.
Zion Lutheran School
Our Vision: That every child knows Jesus as his or her personal Lord and Savior