PTA Castro School
March 25, 2015 - Issue 29
TO DUAL IMMERSION PTA MEMBERS
As PTA Parliamentarian, I am seeking members for the PTA Nominating Committee. Its members’ job is to recognize and seek qualified nominees for the elected leadership of the new Dual Immersion PTA.
Nominating Committee members should be:
- Elected on merit and ability;
- Willing to devote adequate time to their responsibilities;
- Knowledgeable regarding eligibility requirements and qualifications necessary;
- Aware of the qualifications and abilities of potential nominees;
- Able to give objective consideration to nominees;
- Able to use sound judgment and skill in evaluating nominees;
- Tactful, discreet and able to act with integrity; and
- Able to keep deliberations confidential.
The Nominating Committee will be elected by members at the next PTA Members Meeting.
Please let me know if you are interested in being
on this important Committee.
Castro PTA Parliamentarian Julie Muir
UNMASKING MASCULINITY: HELPING BOYS BECOME CONNECTED MEN
High School, Dr. Ryan McKelley, Ph.D will discuss the impact of societal norms on boys that may cause them to mask emotions of joy, compassion, sympathy, fear, and/or vulnerability.
To counter this trend, Dr. McKelley encourages and shows us how to teach boys about the richness and importance of social connection.
Dr. McKelley is an Associate Professor of Psychology at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse. His specialty areas include clinical counseling psychology, and health psychology (stress, resilience, biofeedback).
DUAL IMMERSION PARENTS NEEDED FOR PTA
it will be an exciting time!
The Nominating Committee is seeking qualified nominees for the elected leadership (Officers) of the Dual Immersion PTA. They are seeking individuals for the following positions:
· Executive Vice President
· First Vice President/Membership Chair
· Second Vice President/DI Chair
· Recording Secretary
· Financial Secretary
Committee Chairs will be appointed at a later date. Job descriptions can be found in the Bylaws. (http://castro.mvwsd.org/en/pta/docs-and-forms/)
If interested, please contact Julie Muir by March 31, 2015 (firstname.lastname@example.org 650-444-2820).
Julie is happy to meet and discuss any position
and/or answer any questions.
CASTRO SCIENCE FAIR- THURS, APRIL 2nd
1. Form a team of 2 to 4 students.
2. Plan and conduct your science project- prepare your presentation using your Board.
3. Present your project to the Castro community on Science Fair Night!
Check out Science Fair resources and an FAQ on the Castro website.