Sea Otter Updates
September 26, 2023
NEWSLETTERS ARE NOW AVAILABLE IN MULTIPLE LANGUAGES. FIND THE "TRANSLATE" FUNCTION AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE.
Order pictures online at https://v2.myproimages.com/kids-photography-2111/code/SLEFALL23
The deadline to order pictures is October 26th.
Scan the QR code for more information.
Parent Pickup and Drop Off
- Stay in your car and pull forward around the loop. Students will be loaded once your car has pulled beyond the Big Toy.
- Students will be loaded into the passenger side of the car.
- Please Slow Down to 5 mph when driving around the loop. Safety First!
- We love your dogs! However, we have had some dogs act very aggressive when we are loading and unloading students. Please leave them at home or have them in a crate when dropping off or picking up students.
- NO LEFT HAND TURN out of the school onto Picnic Point Rd. You must turn right during school hours.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Start Time - The first bell rings at 8:55am. Students should be in the classroom and ready to start the day at 9:00am.
- Attendance - If your student is absent, please call the office before 10am at (425) 366-3500 to report the absence. Pre-arranged absence forms are available in the office.
- Tardy? - Please have your student stop by the office to sign in. Being tardy can negatively impact your student's attendance, so please make every effort to get your child to school on time.
- When to stay home - Student's should stay home when sick, observing a religious holiday, there is a death in the family, or for any other emergency. We encourage you to make medical/dental appointments outside of school hours to prevent loss of classroom time.
- Volunteering - We love our helpers! If you would like to volunteer, please reach out to your classroom teacher. You will have to fill out a Washington State Patrol background check and provide identification.
- Communication - We use Parent Square! You are automatically enrolled when your student is registered. You also have the opportunity to download this application to your phone. This is a fantastic communication tool, as it acts as instant messaging. ALL Serene Lake newsletters and important information are shared this way.
- Starting in Kindergarten, too any absences can cause children to fall behind in school.
- Missing 10% (or about 18 days) can make it hard to read.
- Students can still fall behind if they miss just a day or two every few weeks.
- Being late to school can lead to poor attendance.
What can you do?
- Set a regular bedtime and morning routine.
- Lay out clothes and pack backpacks the night before.
- Don't let your child stay home unless they are truly sick.
- If your child seems anxious about school, contact your child's teacher. Our staff is here to support you.
- Develop back up plans for getting to school if something comes up.
- Avoid medical appointments and extended trips during school.
When do absences become a problem?
- 18 or more absences in a year is considered CHRONIC.
- 10-17 absences in a year = warning signs.
- 9 or less in a year is satisfactory.
What do I do if my child is sick?
- Call the office before 10am to report the absence.
- You can also email email@example.com.
Mukilteo School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Civil Rights Coordinator and Title IX Coordinator Simone Neal (425-356-1319), firstname.lastname@example.org, Section 504 Coordinator Lisa Pitsch (425-356-1277), email@example.com, and the ADA/Access Coordinator Karen Mooseker (425-356-1330), firstname.lastname@example.org. Address: 9401 Sharon Drive in Everett, WA. Inquiries regarding ADA/Access issues at Sno-Isle TECH Skills Center should be directed to Wes Allen, Director (425-348-2220) email@example.com. Address: 9001 Airport Road in Everett, WA 98204