TEACHING & LEARNING INSTITUTE
Planning Meeting Agenda for April 12th
- Good News
- Today's Objectives
- Planning Timelines & Budget Projections
- What's the 411? ~ Committee Updates
Publicity Committee ~ Abby & Jodi
Workshop Committee ~ Felicia
Materials & Supplies Committee ~ Kelly James
Registration Committee ~ Ashley
Sponsorship Committee ~ Floridalia & Tonda
Hospitality Committee ~ Alex
Technology Committee ~ Renee
Facilities & Design Committee ~ Jason & Colleen
Swag Committee ~ Melissa
Entertainment ~ Muya
- Next Steps
- Today's Launch
"Impacting Student Achievement Through Engaged, Aligned Classrooms"
If you haven't already joined EDMODO, the code for MPACT2013 is: nxzkhe
Norms for Committee Updates
- Be cognizant of time. Keep your report at 5 - 7 minutes.
- Committee members may request that items be added to the agenda by contacting the Committee Chair 24 hours prior to a Planning Committee meeting.
- If you don't have anything to report for today, just say so.
- Is there anything that you need right now from another group to get a specific task completed for your group?
- Do you need for us to give you any input on a specific item or vote on something directly related to a project for your group?
- Be cognizant of time. Yes...I know that I repeated this :)
- Remember that you can always get clarification from me on items after the meeting has adjourned. I can come and join your workgroups whenever you like.
- Always be IN the loop. Others will look to us for answers to questions regarding the Institute. We should be able to answer questions and/or direct them to a person who can.
Your Next Steps
- Please submit a list of FAQ's you think participants will want to know about the institute onto Edmodo. We will create a FAQ page to be included on our website.
- Communicate...Communicate...Communicate. This is key to our success as a team. Your workgroup members should know exactly what is going on. Their work is critical to the success of our Institute.
- You can invite your workgroup members to some of our meetings, if you like, especially when there is something key your group needs to share with the larger group. However, it is not necessary that they attend every weekly planning meeting.
- Keep a binder of ALL of the things that you are doing each month. For example, minutes from your workgroup meetings, contacts, etc. We will need this for MPACT 2014.
- Pace yourself and follow your timelines. Rome wasn't built in day!
- Remain flexible and continue to have fun planning! You are each doing a super fantastic job!