Mini Pack Update 9/25/2015
Dear Scott Family,
What another great week at Scott! Our students are learning and growing daily while having fun! We have decided to spotlight a series we are calling "Mastering the Mind" adapted from a short motivational book written by Mentoring Minds. This series will provide a quick spotlight on how our mind and thoughts impact our behavior, emotions and success.
Topic 1: ABILITY
"Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it." - Lou Holtz
" Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there." - John Wooden
Ability is the quality that permits or facilitates achievement or accomplishment. The most important lesson we can learn is to use our ability to do what we need to do in a timely manner. The first step to unlocking our potential is our continuous dedication to a task or solving a problem as well as our confidence. We are working daily to build each student's confidence in themselves! Confidence will help them in all that they do. We want our children to understand that we are not limited by our abilities but rather by our vision and the inability to laugh at ourselves. We want students to have the desire to dust themselves off and try again. Our hope is that students will begin to measure themselves by their effort to a given task and how they worked through the process. Success is reflected through the ability to grow, change, and adapt.
Enjoy your weekend and the cooler weather.
Paige & Leanne
Mrs. Ward's First Grade Class
Special Shout Outs
- Shout OUT to the Scott neighborhood for helping Mrs. Coalson get back into the building on Saturday when she got locked out! We appreciate you all helping out!
- A big MINI PACK SHOUT OUT to Ms. Maynard's 4th grade class! They did an EXCELLENT job in music!
- Shout out to PTA for giving the Scott staff and students a "Scott Pride" spirit stick! Thank you! We love you!
- Big Holler to PTA for purchasing our new rain gear. We are excited to wear these and stay dry during carpool.
- Shout OUT to all the families who attended the Healthy Lifestyles Fair Thursday night. It was so much fun! If you missed it, be on the look out for the next one this Spring.
- Big Holler to PTA and Lindsey Hendrix for all their hard work and preparation in organizing the Healthy Lifestyles Fair.
- A BIG mini pack shout out to all the students who participated in College Week. They are off to great start on their future!
- Big Holler to our campus staff and students for completing their first Scott Fire Drill this week. One kindergartner commented, "We just did a fire drill. That was AWESOME " We were out of the building in under 3 minutes!
HUGE Shout OUT to Tammy Elliott and PTA for our Healthy Lifestyles Night!
What a fun night!
Link to More Photos
Fall Health Fair Photos
Thank you to the vendors and Scott families who helped make Thursday's Fall Into Healthy Choices Fair a success. We jumped, danced, bounced and learned the importance of healthy habits. See photos at http://scottpta.com/fairphotos
Mrs. Holden's Second Grade Class
A Big MINI Pack shout out to Coach Hendrix and crew!
Updates and Reminders
Texting/Calls: Please refrain from texting in/around the school. We are responsible for getting 650 students safely to and from school. Please help by keeping your eyes on the road and not looking at your phone.
Bikes on Campus: Parents, please talk to your child about not riding his/her bike on campus grounds. We also will be talking to all our students. We have had some near misses with student safety because of bike riders nearly running into other students or failing to stop at the crosswalk. Again, your child's safety is always our #1 concern.
Flu Shots are coming to school. Check out the flyer below.
Walk to School Day
Friday, Oct. 9th, 7:15am
The Reserves Amenity Center
Walk to school with your teachers!
Heritage High School Scott Night Football Game
Friday, Oct. 9th, 7pm
6927 Stadium Lane
By your tickets in advance and adults only pay $5.00. Tickets can be purchased at the gate for $7.00. See you there!
Parent/Teacher Conference Day
Monday, Oct. 12th, 10am-6pm
10550 Millbend Drive
Fall Book Fair
Monday, Oct. 19th, 8am to Friday, Oct. 23rd, 2pm
Wednesday - Oct 21: Lunch with Grandparents
Thursday - Oct 21: 6:30-7:10 AM Donuts with Dad (3-5)
All FISD Community Workshops are held at the FISD Administration Building.
October 6: Sex, Drugs and the Cell Phone
- 5:45 pm - Parents of Boys
- 7:00 pm - Parents of Girls
October 7: FISD New to Frisco Parent Orientation
- 7:00 pm
February 16: Strategies for Raising a Healthy Child
- 6:00-7:00 pm
October 21: Chick-fil-a, 4:00-9:00 pm 8700 State Highway 121, McKinney, TX 75070