Ray Marsh Newsletter
Dec. 2, 2019
Upcoming Events at RM
- Mathletics at Broken Arrow 4p
- Trailridge Music Tour 11a
- Chat n' Chew 3rd and 5th grades
- Chat n' Chew 4th grade
- Breakfast with Santa 9-11a
- Spelling bee 1p
- 4th Grade Musical 6p
- Skate Party 6-8p
- Band and Strings Assembly 2p
- Winter Parties 8:30-9:30a
- Early Dismissal 12:30p
- Choir at Immaculate Conception 7p
Dec. 23-Jan. 5
- Winter Break; No School - Students return Jan. 6th
Reminders: ID and Attendance Line #
- If you are planning to go anywhere in the building beyond the office, you must have a drivers license with you. You must also have a photo identification to check a student out for the day.
- Please contact the attendance line for any absences. This saves the office staff a lot of time and helps with coding the absence correctly in Skyward. 913.993.3488
Breakfast with Santa Dec. 14
Technology - Managing iPads Outside of School Hours
Partnering With Families
Managing iPads Outside of School Hours
Did you know that ICT shares the management of student iPads with families outside of school hours?
Even though student iPads are managed by ICT during the school day, families can use the ScreenGuide Parental Control App to tailor device use while at home. Here are a few examples of the items parents can manage outside of school hours:
* configure daily screen time limits
* remove or hide apps
* lock and disable the iPad
* lock the iPad into a specific app
* remove the passcode
* View device usage analytics
Parents and families should start here. For additional information, please contact your school principal
Presidential Award Nomination Form - Math and Science
Presidential Awards for Excellence in Math and Science Teaching (PAEMST) Program
The National Science Foundation is currently accepting nominations and applications for the Presidential Awards for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching (PAEMST) program.
The PAEMST program is open to outstanding STEM teachers in the 50 states.
Anyone - principals, teachers, parents, students or members of the general public - can nominate a teacher by completing the nomination form available on the PAEMST website. To submit a nomination, you will need the teacher’s name, email address, and school contact information. If you know more than one teacher deserving of this award, you may submit more than one nomination. Teachers may also apply directly at www.paemst.org.
Presidential awardees receive a certificate signed by the President of the United States; a trip to Washington, D.C., to attend a series of recognition events and professional development opportunities; and a $10,000 award from the National Science Foundation. They also join a network of award-winning teachers from across the country.
Deadlines for Elementary (K-6) Teachers**:
- Nomination deadline is March 1, 2020
- Application deadline is May 1, 2020
**Secondary (7-12) teachers will be eligible to apply during a future cycle.