By: Brianna Morris
- check emails
- log on Electronic Medical Records (EMA) System and check their schedule for the day.
- then they print that out.
- look at what types of appointments are coming in.
- Then talk with the nurse practitioner that they work with .
- Then they start taking patients when they come in. each patient needs or requires something different.
- For every visit, they take the patient to the waiting room,log onto the EMR system, make sure the basic information hasn't changed and enter it in the system.
- record their blood pressure, height, and weight. And change them into if needed.
- get the right equipment out that is needed and set it up. After that, they let them know that the doctor will be in soon.
- the appointments are scheduled for 15 minutes apart from each other.
- with that 15 minutes, they check emails, post important information like blood results and share results.
- they clean every exam room- wipe down, they put all the tools and bring things down to the lab.
- also, they have to handle prescriptions. For example,fax prescriptions and verify them too.
- lastly, they clean every procedure rooms and they have to clean every tool that was used.
- on your feet all the time from the time you begin the day to the end of the day.
Earnings & Job Outlook
- $14.71 hourly and $30,590 a year.
Huntington Park, California
if you are interested in a health career and you are outgoing. Then you should pursue a career as a medical assistance.
They offer a many different careers and many different ways to learn.
Brightwood college, Houston North
We have a programs that adds flexibility and education to our programs.