Important information for students, parents, and staff.
Friday, January 21, 2022
UPCOMING IMPORTANT DATES
- TUES., JAN. 25TH - 2nd Qt. All A's Luncheon provided by Jimmy John's
- FRI., FEB. 18 - eLearning DAY - NO IN-PERSON SCHOOL
- MON., FEB. 21 - PRESIDENT'S DAY - NO SCHOOL
- THU., MARCH 11 - End 3rd Grading Period
- MARCH 18 - 28TH - SPRING BREAK, NO SCHOOL
JH YEARBOOK SALES
COVID TESTING AND VACCINATION OPPORTUNITIES
2022 SENATE PAGE PROGRAM
EAR BUDS IN BLACK CASE FOUND IN RESTROOM ON TUESDAY, 1/11 IF YOU LOST THEM AND CAN DESCRIBE THEM TO ME, COME TO THE GUIDANCE OFFICE.
- FRIDAY CLUB MEETINGS 1/21:
- 2nd 9 WEEKS ALL A LUNCHEON: Lunch will be provided for those students receiving all A's on their 2nd 9 weeks report card. We will provide lunch from Jimmy Johns on Tuesday, 1/25, students have been sent an email to submit their lunch order, ALL ORDERS ARE DUE BY 3:10 ON WED., 1/19.
- SWAYZEE TENDERLOIN DINNER: Friday, January 28th from 5:00 - 8:00P before and during the boys' basketball game vs Oak Hill. Tickets will be $10 and include a tenderloin, cole slaw, chips, and a drink.
- ROUND 2: PLEASE NOTICE THE CHANGE AS OF WEEK OF 1/17. This is an after-school program to help students with homework issues, students will be supervised by teachers: THURSDAYS ONLY after school 1st/3rd week of the month with Hevel in Room D103 and 2nd/4th week of the month with Hook in Room J204, 3:15 - 4:15p, have rides here promptly, please.
- FT. WAYNE CHILDREN'S ZOO TEENS FOR NATURE VOLUNTEER AND LEADERSHIP PROGRAM: This is a summer program for teens 7th through 12th grade to receive hands-on experience volunteering at a zoo. With over 300 students joining us each summer, this program is a great way for teens to serve their community while exploring potential career options. To apply click here. Deadline is Feb. 28, 2022. Brochures are available in the guidance office if you are interested.
- FELLOWSHIP OF CHRISTIAN ATHLETES (FCA) MEETINGS: Every Friday in Mr. Herniak's room A101 @ 7:30 a.m. Come and enjoy breakfast and fellowship with us! You do not need to be an athlete to attend, EVERYONE is welcome! Hope to see you there!
- JH STUDENT COUNCIL SELLING BLACK STAINLESS STEEL 21 OZ WATER BOTTLES: These would be great to leave in your locker so you can have water throughout the day. Cost is $10 each, see Mrs. Stiner in room B101 if interested. Also stickers are available to decorate, Large stickers $.25 cents and small ones $.05 cents.
- TIPTON COMMUNITY THREATRE PRESENTS DISNEY'S ALLADIN JR: Fri., Feb. 25 @ 7:30p, Sat., Feb. 26th @ 2:00p & 7:30p, Sun. Feb. 27th @ 2:00p
GRADES 7-8 ANNOUNCMENTS
CAMPUS LIFE EVENT FOR 7TH & 8TH GRADE STUDENTS: On February 19th around 7-8pm we will meet and get on a charter bus and head to Fort Wayne. We will arrive at the Fort Wayne YMCA and spend a few hours there where the majority of the facility will be made available to us (including the pool!). From there we will make numerous stops. One of those stops will for sure by sky zone then the others I’ll be an arcade and laser tag venues. We will arrive back at the meeting spot the next morning on the 20th around 7-8am. This event is open to ALL 7th and 8th grade students! It cost $95 to go. If money is an issue reach out to Sam Yeagy privately and let her know. The link to sign up is
- JH ROBOTICS: Meeting during homeroom on Tuesdays and Thursdays for the next 2 months. Next competition is at Heritage Christian School Sat., 1/22 @ 10 a.m. and at home on Feb. 19th doors open at 8;30 a.m., event starts at 10:00 a.m.. There will also be an elementary school VEX IQ competition on 2/5 doors open at 8:30 a.m. and event starts at 10:00 a.m..
- HS ROBOTICS: Meeting on Wednesdays and Thursdays 3:10 - 5:30 p.m. and on Saturdays from 10:00 - 4:00 (except for 1/22, 2/5, & 2/19) Competition is @ Kokomo on March 4th. Next competition will be March 24th @ Tippecanoe.
- JH YEARBOOKS on sale until March 11th, if we don't get enough orders the yearbook will be cancelled. You may order on line (refer to announcement at top of this page) or you can drop off your order form in the guidance office.
HINDS CAREER CENTER VISIT - Visit for 1/20 has been CANCELLED!
GRADES 9TH - 12TH ANNOUNCEMENTS
- TENDERLOIN SUPPER TICKETS AND HELP WANTED: Jase Howell and a few other juniors will be passing out tenderloin dinner tickets today. There are 5 tickets in each baggie to PRESALE. Please return the money and any UNSOLD tickets to Jase Howell, Lexi Baney, or Andrew Richards by Thursday, January 27th. If you need any more tickets, please let Jase know. All proceeds go to support the post prom.
ALSO, any help working this event will be greatly appreciated, so please mark your calendars for Friday, January 28th from 5:00-8:00 in the MG cafeteria. We need all junior students and parents to make this a successful event.
- SNOW BALL DANCE: Champions Together will be hosting the The Snow-Ball 2022 on Saturday, February 12th from 9:00 - 11:00pm. Dress is semi-formal. The cost is $5 per person. Tickets will be available at lunch starting on Monday, January 21st.
- All high school students (grades 9-12) are able to attend.
- If you would like to invite a student from another high school, you must obtain a permission slip from the MG Office.
- SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITY FOR JUNIORS: Horatio Alger Scholarship, eligibility criteria include: HS junior, demonstrated critical financial need ($55,000 or lower adjusted gross family income), and US citizen. For application and additional information, click here.
- IWU SPOTLIGHT ON EDUCATION: Spotlight on Education visit day on Friday, January 21 FOR any high schooler who might be interested in learning more about their teacher preparation programs. (More information to come).
ATTENTION JUNIOR STUDENTS AND PARENT/GUARDIANS!
JR/SR AFTER-PROM FUNDRAISER
BETTER QUALITY EARBUDS FOR SALE
- JUNIOR SCHEDULING MEETINGS: Mrs. Hodson will begin immediately meeting with Junior students to schedule for next year's classes, parents are welcome to join their student if they desire, just call the guidance office to set up an appointment.
- HOOSIER GIRLS STATE: Junior girls with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher were sent an email on Monday, 1/10 with information on this opportunity. This is a "government in action program". This year will be the 80th session of ALA Hoosier Girls State and they are again looking for select female students (they call delegates) throughout Indiana to prepare to "Learn Today to Lead Tomorrow." Eligibility for ALA Hoosier Girls State and requirements are found in the document I attached to the email we sent out. If you have any questions please contact Mrs. Hodson in the guidance office. APPLICATIONS ARE DUE IN THE GUIDANCE OFFICE BY MARCH 1ST.
- DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING ESSAY CONTEST: The 2022 Martin Luther King Jr. Essay Contest is now open! Students in grades 6-12 are invited to participate in this contest.
Students are being asked to write their essays based on the following quote from Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Hate multiples hate, violence multiplies violence, and toughness multiplies toughness in a descending spiral of destruction.”
More specific contest information can be found on the Martin Luther King Jr. Essay Contest website, CLICK HERE. The online submission deadline is February 28, 2022.
- **SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION: Click HERE to find more information.
- **EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR JR/SR HIGH STUDENTS ONLY: Click HERE to find more information.
NEW PROCEDURE FOR ALL ATHLETES
Anyone interested in participating in sports must have a physical, online registration, and athletic paperwork completed to participate! If you have questions you can call the main office and ask for the athletic department.
HS GIRL'S BASKETBALL
JH GIRL'S BASKETBALL
HS BOY'S BASKETBALL
JH BOY'S BASKETBALL
HS BOY'S BASKETBALL
- Fri., 1/21 @ Eastbrook 5:00p - Fresh-JV&V
- Sat., 1/22 Grant 4 @ Eastbrook 9:00 - Fresh
- Wed., 1/26 vs Tipton 6;00p - Fresh
- Fri., 1/28 vs Oak Hill @ 5:00p - Fresh-JV&V
- Sat., 1/29 vs Bluffton @ 5:00p - Fresh-JV&V
JH BOY'S BASKETBALL
- Sat., 1/22 Grant 4 9:00a - 7th gr
- Mon., 1/24 vs St. Mary's @ Summitville 6:30p - 6th gr.
- ----vs Alexandria 5:00p - 7th gr. - 6:15p - 8th gr.
- Tue., 1/25 vs Eastern @ Summitville 6:00p - 6th gr.
- Wed., 1/26 vs Oak Hill @ Summitville 6:00p - 6th gr.
- ----CIC @ Elwood 6:00p - 7th gr. - 7:15p - 8th gr.
- Sat., 1/29 CIC @ Frankton 9:00a - 7th gr.