Important information for students, parents, and staff.
Thursday, June 10, 2021
SUMMER PHYSICAL'S NIGHT
Tuesday, July 27th, 6:00 - 8:30 P.M. - AT MG JR/SR HIGH, ENTER THROUGH DOOR 2
ATTENTION PARENTS: STUDENTS MEDICATION
- IVY TECH LEVEL UP PROGRAM: Free program for 8th - 12th grade, you can work virtually in math, reading, and language arts developing skills that give you a great start at excelling in HS and college courses. LevelUp content aligns with Indiana Core Standards. You may do some or all of the content. For additional information click here, view posters on the bulletin board outside the guidance office, or see Mrs. Hodson.
GRADES 7-8 ANNOUNCMENTS
INDIANA SHERIFFS' ASSOCIATION YOUTH LEADERSHIP SUMMER CAMP: For boys and girls who are currently in the 7th or 8th grade and are interested in learning more about a possible career in law enforcement. Camp runs June 28 - July 1 @ Pine Creek Camp in Pine Village, Indiana, and also July 6-8 @ Waycross Episcopal Camp in Morgantown. If you are interested in this camp you can pick up additional information in the guidance office along with the application. Applications can also be found here.
ATTENTION JUNIOR STUDENTS AND PARENT/GUARDIANS!
GRADES 9TH - 12TH ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Ivy Tech Community College is offering for college-bound students with disabilities this summer. They are holding a virtual Disability Support Services Summer Bridge Program to help students with disabilities get a jump start on navigating the College Experience.
- WHEN:: June 21 - 25, 2021 from 9:00 am to 12 pm via Zoom!
WHO: High school juniors or seniors with a disability who plans to attend college
WHAT: A workshop offering college prep and knowledge of what to expect in these areas:
* Collegiate disability support services
* Admission processes
* Note Taking Help
* Campus resources
* Academic Skills
* Stress Management & Personal Skills
* Learning styles
Additional details can be found here.
- PLUMBERS & STEAMFITTERS APPRENTICESHIP OPPORTUNITIES: 5-year program, must be at least 18 years of age by June 1, 2021, Have an HS diploma by July 1, 2021, and will be required to have a drug test once accepted. For additional information stop by the guidance office and pick up a brochure on the front counter.
BALL STATE DUAL-CREDIT ON-LINE CLASSES: If you are interested in summer classes, email Mrs. Hodson.
Trade School Scholarship information, click here.
IVY TECH CROSS THE FINISH LINE PROGRAM: As a reminder, the state of Indiana is helping students "Cross the Finish Line" by funding summer classes for those who are just a few credit hours away from earning a valuable workforce credential. If you have eligible students, they are receiving information from us. As they prepare for the next step, here is some detailed information about the ways to take classes this summer at Ivy Tech Community College. We offer classes in a variety of formats to meet your students' schedules and needs. Classes at Ivy Tech start on June 7! If you are asked about this opportunity, please send students to this link and our Ivy Tech team will reach out with the next steps.
- FBI Summer Camp for the Class of 2022: June 21-23, 2021 and June 23-25, 2021, the Indianapolis Division of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the FBI Citizens Academy Alumni Association will host two sessions of the FBI Youth Leadership Academy (YLA). The YLA is designed to promote an educational experience that will provide students with valuable leadership training and a greater understanding of the FBI. Through interactive physical challenges and classroom discussions, we seek to further explain to youth how the FBI addresses the concerns of the community. Utilizing FBI strategic planning techniques and exercises, participants will have the opportunity to hone their decision-making and leadership skills.
To be considered, the student must: be a current junior;
- have a GPA of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale);
- possess qualities of leadership, scholastic achievement, and good citizenship;
- commit to attending the entire program; and
- write an essay of no more than 500 words depicting their interest in the program and how it will enhance their future plans. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, SEE MRS. HODSON.
- IU Ft. Wayne Virtual Visit: Any junior or senior interested in speaking with an admissions counselor can sign up here for a virtual 30-minute meeting.
- Manchester University Virtual Pharmacy Week: July 20-23, 2021, if you are an HS junior or senior interested in a career in pharmacy, you really should attend Virtual Pharmacy week. This program offers educational opportunities through creative videos showing hands-on pharmacy skills, a mini-lecture series, and even behind-the-scenes access to various pharmacy settings. For additional information or to register, click here.
- **EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES: Click HERE to find more information.
NEW PROCEDURE FOR ALL ATHLETES
Anyone interested in participating in sports must have a physical, online registration, and athletic paperwork completed to participate! If you have questions you can call the main office and ask for the athletic department.