Important information for students, parents, and staff.
Wednesday, December 2, 2020
IMPORTANT ATTENDANCE INFO: Parent/Guardians must call in @ 765-536-0032 before 9:00 a.m. EACH day of absence to report the reason. Returns MIGHT require a Dr.'s note.
ALL STUDENTS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR FREE BREAKFAST AND FREE LUNCH FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE 20-21 SCHOOL YEAR!
- FRIDAY ACTIVITY CLUB MEETINGS 12/4 : --FFA JUDGING: Come down and participate in the First FFA Judging Event! All are welcome during BOTH homerooms on December 8th.
- --SPANISH CLUB: Short meeting in Miss. Richards room
- ROUND 2 STUDY OPPORTUNITY: Monday's with Mr. Hook, Room D3, and Thursday's with Miss. Hevel, Room D4 3:15 p.m. - 4:15 p.m. Any 7-12 students interested in extra help with homework, are invited to stay with student tutors and teachers.
- ATTENTION PARENTS, STUDENTS, AND STAFF: We are developing a bulletin board outside of the guidance office to celebrate our student accomplishments outside of the normal school work. If your child has an outstanding achievement, please call Mrs. Davis in the guidance office or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, and as long as the counselor and or principal approve it, we will display your student's accomplishments.
- Earbuds are available in the guidance office that may be purchased for $2.00 each.
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes will be meeting Fridays at 7:30 a.m. in the Lecture Hall! (room D101). All are welcome to join in a time of fellowship with FCA! We look forward to seeing you there!
- 2021 HS POSTER/VISUAL ARTS CONTEST: The Knights of Pythias Poster/Visual Arts Contest entitled "Go Green, Help Save The Earth" is open to any student enrolled as a Freshman, Sophomore, Junior or Senior in any Jr/Sr High public or parochial school in Indiana, or to home-schooled students who are equivalent age and grade. 1st prize = $500, 2nd Prize = $300, 3rd Prize = $200, 4th -8th Prize = $100 ea. If you are interested in additional information come to Student Services and pick up a brochure. DEADLINE: APRIL 1, 2021.
GRADES 7-8 ANNOUNCEMENTS
- NO JH ROBOTICS TODAY!!!!!!!!
- 7 & 8 PICTURE RETAKES: BRING ON THE SMILES - Friday, Dec. 4th - VIRTUAL STUDENTS: You are invited to come in from 7:00 - 7:45 a.m. Enter through door #1. PHYSICAL STUDENTS: 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m., if you have a picture packet you are not happy with, bring it with you that day.
- 7th Grade Band Concert: Mon., 12/14 @ 7:30 p.m.
- JH Holiday Choir Concert: Wed., Dec. 16th @ 6:00 p.m.
GRADES 9-12 ANNOUNCEMENTS
- NEED HOMEWORK HELP? ASK ROSE, ROSE-HULMAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: AskRose.org or call 877-Ask-Rose.
IWU - Grant County Promise. specifics regarding eligibility:
- The Grant County Promise is for students enrolling at the IWU-Marion Campus
- Students must be incoming, first-time freshman Students must be enrolled full-time
- Students must be Grant County Residents OR graduates from a Grant County High School
- Students must file the FAFSA prior to April 15
- Students must meet established admissions criteria
You can find more information on the Grant County Promise by visiting this website click here.
- TRINE UNIVERSITY NEXT DOOR NEIGHBORS AWARD: Available to incoming first-year students for fall 2021 who reside in Grant county. Must submit your FAFSA by March 1st and apply for admission to Trine. For additional information click here.
- **SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION: Click HERE to find more information regarding scholarships as they become available.
NEW PROCEDURE FOR ALL ATHLETES
Anyone interested in participating in sports must have a physical, online registration, and athletic paperwork completed to participate! If you have questions you can call the main office and ask for the athletic department.
eSports: To watch all MG Esports matches click here.
HOW TO VIEW MG HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETICS ON LIVE STREAM
- Wed., 12/2 @ McCulloch MS - 7th Gr. CANCELLED!!
- vs McCulloch MS 5:00p - 8th Gr. - PARENT/GUARDIAN ATTENDANCE ONLY!!
- @ Frankton 6:00p - 9th Gr.
- Thu., 12/3 vs Taylor 9th Gr. - CANCELLED
- Fri., 12/4 @ Wes-Del JV-6:00p & V-7:30p HS
- @ Wes-Del 5:00p - 9th Gr.
- Sat., 12/5 vs Norwell Fresh - 5:00p, JV-6:00p & V-7:30p HS