Important information for students, parents, and staff.
Monday, March 4th, 2024
- PARENTS AGAINT VAPING!: Parents against Vaping presents Dangers of Vaping: What Parents Need To Know In 2024. They are offering a FREE Virtual Presentation on March 12th, May 14th, September 10th, and November 19th. Topics covered will be Understanding and recognize tobacco industry tactics targeting youth, explaining the dangers of nicotine e-cigarette/vaping, non-nicotine vapes, and other new tobacco products, the steps to protect youth and how to advise others to get involved and take action in their own communities. To register, click the link.
- HAZELBAKER LIBRARY: Join them every 3rd Tuesday night for different events!
- SAVE THE DATE!!!: Drama Clubs next production of 12 Angry Villains will be on April 20th!!
- OUTSIDE FOOD: Just a reminder that there must be NO OUTSIDE FOOD IN THE CAFETERIA!!!! If you bring food in, you can take it to Student Services and eat it there.
UPCOMING COLLEGE/MILITARY REP. VISITS TO MG:
- 3/4 Marines
UPCOMING SCHOOL EVENTS:
- 3/4- Project Leadership 8am-11am
- 3/4- Grant Co. Unified Basketball @ MG 6pm-9pm
- 3/5-3/15- NWEA Testing
- 3/5- Madison County Choral Festival
- 3/6- SAT Testing
- 3/6-3/9- Senior Trip to NY
- 3/11-Project Leadership 12pm-3pm
- 3/12- Scholastic Awards Night @ 6pm
- 3/18- Project Leadership 8am-11am
- 4/1- Project Leadership 8am-11am
- 4/12- Project Leadership 8am-11am
GOBLIN GROCERY: March 7th 3:30-5:30pm
📢STUDENTS MUST CHECK IN WITH HOMEROOM BEFORE ATTENDING CLUB OR MEETINGS!
- MG TRAP TEAM CLUB: There will be a CALL OUT MEETING for any parents/students interested in Trap Team or simply have questions! Meeting will be held Monday, March 11th in the High School Cafeteria at 7pm. As a reminder, registration is now open! To register go to www.inclaytarget.com- click "Clay Target Go" login on the right below the search bar. Click on "AMS" and enter the code MAT805. Registration closes at noon, Mon. 3/25-NO EXCEPTIONS! Open to males nd females grades 6-12. All skill are welcome! Please join even if you have little to no experience. For more info contact Randy or Katti Sneed 765-506-0344 or 765-506-1391 or email@example.com
- YEARBOOK MEMBERS: Members will meet on Tuesday's and Thursday's in Ms. Holmberg's room during A lunch/ 10-12 Homeroom
- CHAMPIONS TOGETHER:
- NJHS MEETING:
- DRAMA CLUB CAST MEETING: Practices for Cast are Mon & Wed after school each week until 5pm.
- BOWLING TEAM: Shannandoah Hill, some might know her as Shannan, a 2023 graduate, will be a coach next year, along side Lauren Banter, the current coach. Part of her experience in high school was being on the bowling team and absolutely loved it! She made records for the girls at regionals and got a college scholarship. Some of you might not consider yourself a good bowler or think you’ll be good, and that’s okay! They can help you achieve any goal you’ll have for yourself. This is early but they wanna make sure to have it in everyone’s mind so they can have a team. It will truly be an experience you won't forget, with fun people. Anybody in grades 8-12 can join, if you need help with the proper supplies reach out to her or Lauren and they will see what they can do for you! If not the least, give it a shot! A lot can change in one season! If you need to reach out to Shannon, her email is firstname.lastname@example.org or her phone number is 317-699-0175. Feel Free!
GRADES 7-8 ANNOUNCMENTS
- JH YEARBOOKS: JH yearbooks are now on sale until March 10th 2024. All orders are done online. Homeroom teachers should be passing the forms out soon!
- ATTENTION 8TH GRADE STUDENTS AND PARENTS: There is a meeting for any parent/student going on the DC trip in May on MARCH 6th in Mrs. Doughty's room at 530pm. The final payment for the Washington DC trip isn't due until April 5, 2024, so for parents who like to pay for the trip out of your tax refund, that is still possible if you submit your taxes early. Due to new bus recommendations in Indiana, the old company was going to charge us more for the bus trip, then this company is charging us to fly. Please use the attached information to sign up if you are interested in your 8th grader going. Madison-Grant Washington D.C. Trip Link
GRADES 9TH - 12TH ANNOUNCEMENTS
- GIRLS WHO CODE'S FREE VIRTUAL SUMMER PROGRAMS: There will be a FREE Summer Program for any girl in 9th-12th grade. Any coding experience level is welcome! In addition to the free program, they offer a financial support grant of up to $300 and a laptop and hotspot access for eligible students. Students apply at girlswhocode.com/summerapply Applications are due by March 22nd.
- WOMEN IN ENGINEERING PROGRAM AT PURDUE: On Monday, April 22nd, Exploring Engineering at Purdue is a campus visit day, focused on young women in their junior year of high school wishing to further their engineering interest. More info and registration is found here.
JH BASEBALL OPEN GYMS: Any JH student interested in playing this Spring can attend open gyms every Thursday from 630pm-9pm and Saturday from 7am-10am in the Weight Room.
ALL SPORTS PASSES will be sold online ONLY again and will be good for admittance to all home regular season junior high and high school athletic competitions. Passes are currently for sale on the MG Athletic Department website at www.mgathletics.com under TICKETS & PASSES.