Important information for students, parents, and staff.
Thursday, September 24, 2020
UPCOMING EVENTS AND SPECIAL DATES
FRIDAY, SEPT. 25TH - JAMES DEAN FESTIVAL - NO SCHOOL - NO eLEARNING
IMPORTANT ATTENDANCE INFO: Parent/Guardians must call in @ 765-536-0032 before 9:00 a.m. EACH day of absence to report the reason. Returns MIGHT require a Dr.'s note.
- Wed., Sept. 30th Choir Concert 7:00 p.m.
- Wed., Oct. 7th - End of 1st 9 weeks
- --Jazz Band Concert 7:00 p.m.
- Mon., Oct. 12 - Parent/Teacher Conferences (eLearning Day)
- Wed., Oct. 14 HS Concert Band Concert 7:00 p.m.
- Oct. 19 -23 - FALL BREAK - NO SCHOOL
- FRIDAY ACTIVITY CLUB MEETINGS 10/2:
- ROUND 2 STUDY OPPORTUNITY: THURSDAY, 9/24 CANCELLED Monday's with Mr. Hook, Room D3, and Thursday's with Miss. Hevel, Room D4 3:15 p.m. - 4:15 p.m. Any 7-12 students interested in extra help with homework, are invited to stay with student tutors and teachers.
- CORNHOLE TOURNAMENT: $20 per team, great prizes & fun. Where: Fairmount Family Dentist Parking Lot, When: Sat., Sept. 26th @ Noon, registration deadline: Sat., Sept. 26th @ 8:00 a.m. call 765-661-6803.
- 5TH ANNUAL COMMUNITY TRUNK OR TREAT HOSTED BY CHAMPIONS TOGETHER: Wed., Oct. 28th, 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. Please bring your children out for a safe experience in trick or treating.
- ATTENTION PARENTS AND STUDENTS AND STAFF: We are developing a bulletin board outside of the guidance office to celebrate our student accomplishments outside of the normal school work. If your child has an outstanding achievement, please call Mrs. Davis in the guidance office or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, and as long as the counselor and or principal approve it, we will display your student's accomplishments.
- Earbuds are available in the guidance office that may be purchased for $2.00 each.
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes will be meeting Fridays at 7:30 a.m. in the Lecture Hall! (room D101). All are welcome to join in a time of fellowship with FCA! We look forward to seeing you there!
- DRAMA CLUB: AGATHA CHRISTIE'S BLACK COFFEE, OPEN AUDITIONS OCTOBER 1ST AFTER-SCHOOL!! All grades welcome!!
- 7-12 PICTURES FOR VIRTUAL STUDENTS: Continue to watch announcements, Virtual Students will have an opportunity to have their school pictures taken on re-take days, we will post information as we have it but it will be Oct. before that occurs.
GRADES 7-8 ANNOUNCEMENTS
GRADES 9-12 ANNOUNCEMENTS
- NEED HOMEWORK HELP? ASK ROSE, ROSE-HULMAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: AskRose.org or call 877-Ask-Rose.
- 11th & 12th GRADE STUDENTS: An IU Kokomo representative will be here on Wed., Sept. 30th POSTPONED UNTIL TUE., OCT/ 27TH @ 11:30 a.m. to meet with any student interested in continuing their education through this school. Please sign up on the counter in the guidance office if you would like to be included in this meeting.
- 11th & 12th GRADE STUDENTS: A Ball State representative will be here on Wed., Oct. 7th @11:30 a.m. to meet with any student interested in continuing their education through this school. Please sign up on the counter in the guidance office if you would like to be included in this meeting.
- IU FT. WAYNE VIRTUAL ZOOM MEETING: Any 11th or 12th grader interested in a virtual meeting with a representative from IUFW, please sign-up in the guidance office. The meeting is scheduled for Tue., 10/13, during homeroom.
- IU BLOOMINGTON VIRTUAL ZOOM MEETING: Any 11th or 12th grader interested in a virtual meeting with a representative from IU, please sign-up in the guidance office; Meeting is Wed., 10/14 during homeroom.
- FRANKLIN COLLEGE: Virtual meeting via Zoom Thur. 9/24 @ 6p, Thu., 10/1 @ 5:30p, 10/7 @ 5:30p, thu., 10/15 @7p, Wed., 10/28 @ 6p, Tue., 11/3 @ 7p, Fri., 11/6 @ 6p, Sat., 11/7 @ 11a. In person visits can be arranged at https://franklincollege.edu/
- SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION: Click HERE to find more information regarding scholarships as they become available.
NEW PROCEDURE FOR ALL ATHLETES
Anyone interested in participating in sports must have a physical, online registration and athletic paperwork completed to participate! If you have questions you can call the main office and ask for the athletic secretary.
- JH Fall Sports Pictures: Cheer, Cross Country & Football Tuesday, 9/29 immediately after school.
- Weight Room Zero Hour: All sessions start at 7 a.m.
9-12 students will be Monday and Wednesday7-8 students will be Tuesday and Thursday
- Thu., 9/24 Mad. Cty. @ Pendleton Hts MS 5:30 p.m. JH
- Mon., 9/28 vs Frankton 4:45 p.m. JH
- Tue., 9/29 vs RJ Baskett 4:30 P.M. JH
- Thu., 10/1 @ Eastbrook w/ Elwood 5:00 p.m. JH
- Sat., 10/3 Invitational @ IWU 10:00 a.m. HS & 8:30 a.m. MS
- Thu., 9/24 vs Delta JH 5:00 p.m. HS
- Tue., 9/29 vs Wabash @ Honeywell Park 5:00 p.m. JH
- Wed., 9/30 IHSAA Sectional @ Marion HS 5:00 p.m. HS
- Thu., 10/1 @ Eastern 5:00 p.m. JH
- --IHSAA Sectional @ Marion HS 5:00 p.m. HS
- Sat., 9/19 Sectional @ Arbor Trace GC TBA HS
- Fri., 10/2 IHSAA State Finals 12:00 @ Legends GC HS
- Sat., 10/3 IHSAA State Finals 9:00 a.m. @ Legends GC HS
- Thu., 9/24 vs Tri-Central 6:00 p.m. HS FAN APPRECIATION NIGHT FREE ADMISSION
- @ Eastbrook 6:00 p.m. JH MUST PRE-PURCHASE TICKETS Purchase tickets here:
- Sat., 9/26 vs Pendleton Hts MS 8:30 a.m. JH
- Tue., 9/29 @ Frankton HS 6:00 p.m. HS
- --vs Justice MS 5:00 p.m. 6th Grade
- Wed., 9/30 @ Wes-Del HS 6:00 p.m. JH
- --@ Wes-Del HS 5:30 p.m. 6th Grade
- Sat., 10/3 @ Alexandra HS 6:00 p.m. HS
- --vs RJ Baskett @ Mississinewa HS 8:30 a.m. JH