PRIDE OF THE TRIBE
Week of September 16, 2019
Nuts & Bolts
Tribe Time, Monday - Help students log into the parent portal so they can begin checking their own grades. Instructions were sent out in a previous email.
Indian Walks - What a positive experience it was and I was excited to share it with our Assistant Superintendent, Mrs. Loyless. You are doing amazing things with our kiddos and building relationships along the way. Keep these kids writing each and every week. I heard some students were asking why their paper didn't get displayed. This could be a way to incentivize good writing!
Watch A Pro - You will be given the name of a colleague to observe during your goal setting meeting. To get the most out of your observation please communicate with your colleague to determine the best time to visit. Remember, two observations will be conducted - one during the fall semester and one during the spring semester. We pick one for you to observe and you pick one to observe.
Exit #3 - Please make sure the door is closed if you exit door #3. It is not closing on its own. It also should NEVER be propped.
Dress Up Days - Students who participate by wearing the theme of the day will not be dress coded unless it is something severe...If a student is in regular dress, please continue to watch for violations.
- CTE/Elective Department Meeting @ 7:45am
- Homecoming Theme - The Future Is Coming
- Tribe Time - Help Student login to Parent Portal, D.E.A.R.
- Math/Science Department Meeting @ 7:45am
- Homecoming Theme - Retro 80's
- Volleyball vs Argyle @ Argyle, 5:00pm
- English/SS Department Meeting @ 7:45am
- Homecoming Theme - 50's Sock Hop Style
- Community Pep Rally @ SHS Gymnasium, 7:00pm
- Homecoming Theme - The Roarin' 20's
- F/JV Football vs Mineral Wells @ Mineral Wells 5:00pm
- End of First Six Weeks
- Homecoming Theme - Purple and Gold Day
- Tribe Time - Pep Rally, SMS Guest
- V Football vs Mineral Wells @ SHS, 7:30pm (HOMECOMING)
- Parade, 10:00am
- GRADES MUST BE POSTED BY 8:00am
Professional Development Day - September 23rd
8:30- 10:30 - What is RTI and how does it work with Dr. Ogonosky. SHS Auditorium (ALL K-12 teachers, counselors, paraprofessionals)
10:30-11:00 Debrief- Feedback or questions
11:00-12:30 - Lunch on your own
12:30 - 1:00 - TurnItIn and TexQuest Database in the lecture hall
12:30 - 3:30 - Dr. Ogonosky will meet with all Principals, AP's, counselors, CSI's to come up with the District vision and plan.- SHS Cafeteria
1:00 - 3:30 - Parent Conferences, work in rooms