Weekly Newsletter - March 5, 2020
celebrating 25 years of excellence in catholic education
Theme for the Year: Goodness
Our Mission and Vision Statements
St. Joseph Catholic School provides students with a safe and prayerful learning environment, enveloped by an intimate community of active and faithful families.
Catholic schools in the Diocese of Fort Worth are committed to opening the doors so that our students can reach further than the walls that would otherwise enclose them and therefore are able to recognize and cherish the eternal and transcendental goods of Truth, Beauty, and Goodness.
From the principal
March is the month of our patron, St. Joseph. He was chosen to be the guardian and protector of Our Lord, and is the protector of families. I thought you might like to have this prayer for your own:
A Parent's Prayer to St. Joseph
O glorious St. Joseph,
to you God committed the care
of His only begotten Son
amid the many dangers of this world.
We come to you
and ask you to take under your special protection
the children God has given us.
Through holy baptism
they became children of God
and members of His holy Church.
We consecrate them to you today,
that through this consecration
they may become your foster children.
guide their steps in life,
form their hearts
after the hearts of Jesus and Mary.
who felt the tribulation and worry of a parent
when the child Jesus was lost,
protect our dear children for time and eternity.
May you be their father and counselor.
Let them, like Jesus,
grow in age as well as in wisdom and grace
before God and men.
Preserve them from the corruption of his world,
and give us the grace one day to be united
with them in Heaven forever.
Diane Price, M.Ed.L.
Second Week of Lent
Goodness Bible Verse for March
Virtue of the month
new saintly quote to ponder
No one should follow what he considers to be good for himself, but rather what seems good for another. Let them put Christ before all else; and may He lead us all to everlasting life. -
Latin and greek roots challenge
Reminders and Upcoming Events
- First Friday Mass and Early Dismissal - Friday, March 6th. Be sure to wear your Dress Uniforms for Mass and we dismiss at noon. No lunches this day.
- St. Joseph Altar - Please bring food items to place on the St. Joseph altar in the cafeteria during the month of March. These items will be donated to the St. Joseph Parish St. Vincent de Paul Society food pantry. Thank you for your generosity!
- Spring Break - No school next week. Enjoy your break!
- St. Joseph Feast Day Mass and Parties - We will attend Mass on March 19th in honor of the Feast Day of our patron, St. Joseph. Be sure to wear your dress uniform. We will also celebrate this special day with class parties that afternoon.
- Third Quarter Report Cards - Emailed on March 20th
- If you are an Amazon customer, please use Amazon Smile! We receive a donation from Amazon when you shop. Go to: smile.amazon.com to participate. It is a very easy way to support the school! Thank you!
- If you know a St. Joseph Catholic School alumni, please let them know we are looking to stay in contact, and would love to hear how they are doing. See the notice in our alumni section of below.
Save the date
Faith Extension Day is back, April 3rd!
Check out this video to see Faith Extension Day in action!
Annual Fund Campaign
"Quest For excellence"
Home and School Association (HSA)
- Please support the Knights on the Run Fun Run.
- Our next Home and School Association (HSA) Meeting will be held on Wednesday, March 25th at 7:00 pm in the school cafeteria. This will be the Volunteer Appreciation Dinner. We hope you can attend!
- The children of HSA Members who have paid their dues to join, and are able to attend the monthly meetings, are allowed to wear any SJCS spirit shirt purchased through the school with blue jeans and tennis shoes of their choice to school on the Thursday after the meeting!
HSA Spirit Night Contest
This year we are having a Spirit Night Contest!
The class that has the most attendance for Spirit Nights will win an ICE CREAM Sundae Party!
Each teacher will be given an envelope to keep the receipts and it is easy to participate!
Three Easy Steps:
1. Attend a Spirit Night
2. Save your receipt
3. Turn the receipt in to your teacher (if multiple students turn in their receipt to one teacher, be sure to write all the students' names on the receipt)
HSA-Knights on the Run fun run!
Knights in Action!
Monday Morning Prayer Service
Stations of the Cross
Moments Around Campus
Art this week
Artwork this week, reflecting the season of Lent and the anticipation of Easter:
1st Grade completed colorful crosses with miniature designs and drawings of names, Springtime, Lent and Christian symbols. 4th Grade completed Lenten symbols including the Passion of the Christ, Palm Sunday, Chi rho monogram and Alpha and the Omega in Greek, the cross, the crown of thorns, the empty tomb and the Holy Spirit in four-panels. Lovely work, Knights!
Preparing for PSIA - One Act Play Competition
Displays Around campus
STREAM Enrichment classes created celebratory songs today. Their challenge was to write a song celebrating a hypothetical win. The students enjoyed working together and our STREAM teachers, Mrs. Doskocil and Mrs. Lopez, were so impressed by their creativity and teamwork. Points were awarded for creativity, cooperation, communication, and choreography/dance moves. Each small group presented their song in an awards ceremony at the end of class, and the winning teams won candy of their choice!
Updated STREAM Wish list
STREAM Enrichment would love to have these items donated for your children's use.
Popsicle sticks (big and small) (colored and plain)
Meet our Dominican Sisters!
Meet our parish priests!
St. Joseph Roman Catholic Parish
- Lenten Mission 2020 with Bob Hurd - Please see the Thursday Folder for event details.
- Be sure to look into FORMED.org. The parish has paid for your subscription to this vast library of inspiring videos and essential reads to help grow your faith. Just go straight to the "Enter Code" button and enter 4BDX9H to begin the process. You may also access this through the parish website link below. Enjoy!
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament is occurring after daily Mass in the Chapel until 5:45pm. Come spend some time with our Lord.
- Please enjoy this link to a lovely article in the North Texas Catholic about the pastor of St. Joseph Parish, Fr. Kelley: https://t.co/3ItrotxIyf
Catholic Diocese of Fort Worth link:
ST. JOSEPH, PROTECTOR OF FAMILIES, PRAY FOR US.