Mrs. Bumatay's Bulletin
For Parents and Students
Volume 3 . Issue 4 . Week of August 1, 2022
TRANSLATE THIS BULLETIN
- Select "Translate Newsletter" under the "Accessibility" box (top right) and choose your language.
- Seleccione "Translate Newsletter" en "Accessibility" (cuadro en la parte superior derecha) y elija su idioma.
Dear Cavalier Families,
Our students received their iPads and textbooks this past week and should be set with their materials for the year! At the middle school level, students on average should spend 1 to 1 1/2 hours on homework each night. Please make sure students have a quiet place to study with minimal distractions.
This week's announcements:
- Student class changes will be happening on Monday, Tuesday and possibly Wednesday in order to meet our teacher contract obligation by the twelfth day of school. Every effort has been made to minimize the disruption to any student's schedules. Thank you for your understanding.
This week we had our first meeting of our Cavalier Captains and alternates, students who will be their Advisory representatives. Thank you to Ms. Tom for coordinating our Captains and to Mr. Nava who creates the weekly Advisory Google Slides focused on our theme of Cavaliers CARE!
Students will start dressing for PE class this week. Please make sure each student has appropriate clothes and a lock for their PE locker.
Are you interested in completing some of your college entrance requirements early? You can do this by taking Spanish! Students can enroll in Spanish 3/4, Spanish for Spanish Speakers 1/2 and 3/4. (Unfortunately Spanish 1/2 is not offered this year.) Please take this placement test if you would like to enroll in Spanish. These classes are offered during zero period, starting at 7:20 am. Please see Ms. Garza in room 206 or email her at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Our Assistant Principals will be reviewing behavior expectations and an Anti-bullying presentation with all students on Friday, August 5th in PE classes.
Parents, we are always looking to get you involved! If you are interested in being a volunteer, please fill out this electronic form (the form has been adjusted slightly to include more parent committees). We are especially looking for parents for the School Site Council. Thank you!
- Many students still owe immunizations. Parents, please drop off a copy to our school nurse as soon as possible in order to prevent a gap in your student's attendance at school. It is by law that we have a copy of each student's immunization record in order for your student to attend school.
There is no exiting campus and coming back for Club TC Students must report to the lunch area right after school for Club TC. To join Club TC, parents can start by filling out this form. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Parents and students, every year we appreciate the opportunity for input on our CVM School Parent Engagement Policy. Please review this document as we plan for this year. Any recommendations or suggestions can be emailed directly to me. Thank you!
Please feel free to contact myself or one of the Assistant Principals with any questions.
Mr. Guillermo.Flores@sweetwaterschools.org is our 8th grade Assistant Principal
Ms. Georgina.Meza@sweetwaterschools.org is our 7th grade Assistant Principal
In your service,
Mrs. Lora Bumatay
Get to know your Principal and Assistant Principals!
Where did you go for college and what did you major in?
Mrs. Bumatay: UCLA Mathematics, SDSU Master of Arts in Educational Leadership
Mr. Flores: SDSU Mathematics, National University
Ms. Meza: UCSB Political Science/international Relations and History, SDSU Doctoral Candidate in Educational Leadership
What do you enjoy about your job?
Mrs. Bumatay: I love showcasing our awesome school to the community and listening to students tell me what they enjoy most about being a Cavalier!
Mr. Flores: Every day is a different day full of action and drama. I love working with ALL students, staff, law enforcement and parents!
Ms. Meza: I like removing barriers and providing access to students, parents and staff.
If you weren’t working in a school, what other job would you have?
Mrs. Bumatay: Disney Creative
Mr. Flores: Genetic Engineer
Ms. Meza: Architect or classical musician
What are your hobbies?
Mrs. Bumatay: Travel, foodie, kdrama and kpop!
Mr. Flores: Reading comics, movies and cooking!
Ms. Meza: Martial arts, music, and art
Best advice for CVM students?
Mrs. Bumatay: There is so much to learn from people who come from a different background than yourself, go out and meet new people whenever you can! Surround yourself with people who will support your goals. Don’t wait for things to happen, make them happen!
Mr. Flores: Always be your best, do your best, follow your dreams and DO NOT EVER QUIT!
Ms. Meza: Give your best, keep going, never give up!