Anderson Weekly News! 3/7/22
Dates to Remember
- Fri. Mar. 18th 6-9 PM St. Baldricks Event at East High School
- Wed. Mar 23rd: Early Release Day: Dismissal at 2:10 PM
- March 28th-April 1st. SPRING BREAK!
- Mon Apr. 4th: School Resumes
- April 6, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14 - IAR (Illinois Assessment of Readiness)
- Fri. Apr. 15th - No School (School Improvement Day)
- Wed. Apr. 27th Early Release Day 2:10 Dismissal
- Mon. May 2nd, 5th Grade Band Concert 6:40 PM Thompson Middle School
- Tue. May 3rd, Beginning Orchestra Concert 5:30 PM North High School
- Tue. May 3rd, Advanced Orchestra Concert 7:00 PM North High School
- Thu. May 5th PTO Meeting 7:00 PM
- Wed. May 11th, Incoming Parent Wredling Middle School 6:30-7:30 PM
- Fri. May 13th, Fifth Grade Band at Cougars Game 5:30 PM.
- Wed. May 25th LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!
Friendly Reminder: School Arrival time 7:45-8:00 AM.
Full Disclosure... I know how hard it is to get kids up, fed, at least presentably clean, gather all needed school materials and make it to school on time. No judgment here. However, please know that we need to close our front doors at 8:00 AM and students arriving after 8:00 AM need to be signed into school by an adult. If you find that arriving late is becoming a pattern for your family, please work to get up a few minutes earlier, establish a routine, set out backpacks, clothes, and lunches the night before. Our learning day starts at 8:00 and we don't want any student to miss out.
End of the Trimester! Report Cards coming soon.
Anderson Book Fair!
Panorama Universal Screening Tool
In the fall of this school year students in grades 3-12 completed a universal screening tool to assess their social and emotional learning skills. In the spring students in grades 3-12 will complete a follow-up survey. The use of universal screening allows us to refine and strengthen our efforts to help all students achieve success by taking positive and preventative measures as early as possible. This also provides us with the opportunity to assist students who may need additional support with social and emotional learning. To learn more, click here to view the full letter from the D303 Assessment Dept.
5th Grade transition to Middle School
Please open this letter from Wredling Middle School and find out about the various activities set up to help your child transition to Middle School.
We hate to see our Anderson Foxes leave, but it will be time for them to leave the den.
From the Anderson PTO
Want to get involved in the PTO?
Last Call For Yearbook Pictures!
Thank you Megan Golden (Anderson Parent) for all your hard work organizing and building our school yearbook!
Time Is Running Out! Order Your Yearbook Today!
Anderson Spirit Wear
Show your school spirit! Order your Anderson spirit wear at the link below. All orders will be placed online again this year. The store will be open throughout the school year. Items will ship directly to your home. Questions? Contact Lisa at: email@example.com