Dutch Fork Elementary The Academy of Environmental Sciences, Title I
-Fox Cub Reporter
-Read Across America Flyer
- Saluda Shoals on Monday!
Please have your child wear his or her 5th grade shirt. If your child does not have a 5th grade shirt, any Dutch Fork shirt or blue shirt is fine.
- Please send any Magnolia Plantation money in with your child
Parent HW :-)
Poetry Unit of Study
Some of our "poem-ish studies" in our classroom include:
- rhyme scheme
- free verse
- figurative language (imagery, hyperbole, simile, metaphor, personification, onomatopoeia, idiom)
Unfortunately, we did not get to visit with our Literacy Pals in Ms. Sumpter's room due to the crazy weather this week. Too many of our friends were out, but we will see them next week!
1920s Student Expert Lessons
The Life of a Historical Researcher...
- choose a topic of interest
- develop research questions & chart our questions
- use primary and secondary sources to gain understanding
- establish components of an efficient lesson
- prepare a visual aid (presentation or poster)
- development assessment questions
- practice and anticipate questions