Kendallvue Community Newsletter
January 8 - 21, 2023
Happy New Year!
It was wonderful to see the kids this week. I loved hearing about all the adventures everyone had over the holiday break. I hope everyone was able to enjoy family and friends over the holidays and enjoyed ringing in the new year.
The new year always brings in new hopes for the upcoming year. We have some big changes this year with the consolidation of Peiffer Elementary. We will have updates on enrollment and budget at our SAC meeting on Wednesday this week. PTA is also meeting this week after our SAC meeting January 11th. These meetings will be in the library.
The first round of enrollment will close on Friday, January 13. If you have not yet taken action in Enroll Jeffco, please make sure to do so. Taking action in Enroll Jeffco will help us get a clearer picture on our enrollment status. This will help with staffing and budget projections for the next school year.
Finally, a major focus for the remainder of this school year will be finding ways to connect with Peiffer families and begin working on merging our communities. The PTA organizations from both communities have already been meeting and planning events. It is exciting to finally put to action everything we talked about in the fall. I look forward to the realizing the potential our two communities coming together as one. This is an exciting time for the Kendalluve community.
Other Upcoming Events
February 10 - Valentine's Parent/Kid Dance
February 15 & 16 - Parent/Teacher Conferences
February 17 - Teacher Work Day (no school)
February 20 - President's Day (no school)
February 28 - Second Trimester Ends
March 9 - Report Cards come home
March 10 - Young Ameritowne (5th grade)
March 17 - Teacher Work Day (no school)
March 18 - 26 - Spring Break (no school)
From the Main Office
- Enroll Jeffco is open until January 13, 2023. Here is a quick link to Enroll Jeffco. It is important for us to know families intentions so we can manage staffing for the upcoming 2023-24 school year. The sooner we know our enrollment numbers, the sooner we can create solutions for staffing and other budget considerations.
- If you have not yet taken action, there is still time! Please help us get our numbers for next school year.
- We will be getting new parking signage for the parking lot soon. Our plan is to continue to communicate our plan for more efficiencies in the parking lot for morning drop off and afternoon pick up. The first rule of thumb is to pull forward as far as possible along the blue fence part of the parking lot. This will allow more cars to enter the lot and not be stuck on W. Marlowe street entering the lot.
- The new signage will also direct pedestrians to use the crosswalk through the parking lot. Please do not cross from the parking lot to the sidewalk in front of cars.
Preschool Enrollment Process
- Due to implementation of the new Universal Preschool (UPK) application, families will not be able to apply for preschool until January 17, 2023. This change is for preschool only. Visit this website to learn more about the universal preschool enrollment process.
- There is a PTA meeting this week on January 11 at 6:00 PM in the library. The meeting will start right after our School Accountability (SAC) meeting.