Shenot Farm & Market Fieldtrip
Friday, October 2nd from 1:00 pm-3:00 pm
Join us for a walking educational field trip to Shenot Farms & Market!
- See a working and active farm!-This is a great time of year to visit their farm!
- Students will learn about pollination of fruit and vegetables, plant and tree growth, harvests and much more!
- Wear appropriate footwear-No Flips Flops-we will be doing a lot of walking:)
- Wear appropriate clothing for the outdoors-This outing will take place rain or shine!
RSVP to hosting FSC, Amy Markle by clicking on the link below. If you have any problems using the link please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 12:45 pm: Arrival time-We will sign in and collect payment (Cost is $5.00 per student/sibling-Cash payment required)
- 1:00 pm-3:00 pm: Walking Educational Tour of Farm and students will enjoy an apple and cider which is included in the $5.00 cost
- 3:00 pm: Dismissal time-The market will be open-enjoy it! I was also told Caramel Apples are made on Fridays:)!
Purpose of Outing: Educational and Social
- Students and parents will meet other PA Virtual families and staff
- Students will see a working farm in action
- Students will learn about pollination of fruit and vegetables, plant and tree growth, harvests
- Shenot Farms field trip is aligned with Pennsylvania State Standards in math and science.
- OLS hours can be added for this outing-(90 minutes of Math/Science)
Reminders for all PA Virtual events:
- An adult chaperone must stay on-site for all PA Virtual events.
- Shoes must be worn at all times.
- All PA Virtual events are smoke-free.
- Pets should never be brought to PA Virtual events.
- To limit the spread of possible flu, please do not attend a PA Virtual event if you have had a fever within 24 hours of the event.
- In consideration of our students with allergies, please refrain from bringing balloons or food containing nut products