Fab 5th - Weekly Update
August 11, 2019
- Have you updated your email signature?
- Frisco ISD expects you to include your name, title, email address and phone number in your signature.
- The new logo is available for email signatures (http://homeroom.friscoisd.org/signature).
- Have you updated your Print Shop codes?
- Budget Code: 19901110411000
- Account Code: 6397.000
1. Create your new email signature following the link above.
2. Click the "select signature" blue button.
3. With signature selected copy (Ctrl+C for PC, Command+C for Mac.)
4. Open Outlook and type in "Signature" next to the light bulb where is says "tell me what to do".
5. When Signatures opens, delete your old signature and name/create a new one for this year.
6. To the top right, click when you want your signature added (new messages/replies/forwards).
7. Paste signature into the bottom box and click save.
- Have you updated your bio on the 5th grade website?https://sites.google.com/s/0Bz0ZE1jkJTn5SE9pcllSTjRWX3M/p/0Bz0ZE1jkJTn5czJGb2V5U3M4Qms/edit
- Have you joined PTA?
- Clubs/Programs that need sponsors. Let me know ASAP if you are interested in one of these:
- Student Council
- Yearbook ($500 stipend)
Parent Communication for Class Assignments - Monday, August 12th
We will be sending out emails to parents on Monday, August 12th. I emailed everyone a copy of what we used last year.
This is the information I received from Catherine regarding this:
CLASS ASSIGNMENT – FOR INTERNAL COMMUNICATION (STAFF)
- Teachers will email parents Monday, August 12th regarding their child’s class assignment.
- Campuses are encouraged to draft a message for class assignments that are consistent among grade levels.
(see sample below)
- Teachers should send an individual email with the child’s name enclosed. Do not send group emails due to confidentiality.
- On the dates the emails are sent, consider having someone answer parent phone calls until 5:00 p.m. to accommodate families that do not receive the email.
- Principals are encouraged to communicate with parents about the process for class assignment communication via campus websites and Back to School communication. (see sample below)
- Communication regarding Meet the Teacher Night should be posted on school websites and included in Back to School communication.
SAMPLE EMAIL SCRIPT FOR TEACHERS
Dear (child’s name):
It is my pleasure to let you know that I will be your teacher this year. I am very excited about the great things that we will learn together. I look forward to meeting you at “Meet the Teacher” beginning at 5:30 p.m. I will be at my door looking for you and I will have your name posted on your desk and cubby. The classroom number is _____.
Remember (anything you need to say about labeling or not labeling supplies, etc.)…
Again, I can’t wait to see you on _______ night at ______ p.m.
ELAR - Sign Up
Things to Think about:
- Class Shirt Ideas
- 1st Day of School Activities/Schedule
- Cool down spot procedures, expectations
Details for PD Week:
- 8:00 am - T-TESS/SLO Updates, Counselor Updates in Library
- 12:30 pm - WORK DAY! - Send Welcome Emails to Students on Class Lists!
- 8:00 am - Kid Services/Rotations - Fariss's Room, Bring a phone/device to 504 Compliance Training
8:30 - SAIL/Sped/ Speech
9:05 - ESL Student Info
9:40 - SST Student Updates
10:15 - 504 Compliance (GT)
10:50 - Dyslexia
- 11:00 am - PTA Sponsored Lunch in Cafe
- 12:30 pm - WORK DAY!
- Meet the Teacher Night! (wear Smith Rocks staff shirt and jeans)
- *Kinder/SAIL: 5:00 pm-6:00 pm
- *1-5: 6:00 pm-7:00 pm
- 8:00 am - #FISDLearns in Library
- 12:30 pm - #FISDLearns Personalized Learning
Dates To Keep in Mind:
August 12: Black Cardigans due to Catherine
August 13: Meet the Teacher Night!
*Kinder/SAIL: 5:00 pm-6:00 pm
*1-5: 6:00 pm-7:00 pm
August 15: Compliance Training's DUE!; First Day of School!
August 21: Staff Meeting: Vertical Kid Talk Rotations & Coke Floats!
August 23: First "Official" Celebrate Smith
August 27: Watch Dog Kick-Off @ 6:30-7:30pm