Franklin Family News
Volume 1 - Issue 23 - May 7, 2021
Getting Ready for Next Year
Franklin Middle School Art Club 2021-2022
Are you a current 6th or 7th grader and interested in a leadership position, if so apply for an ASB office by filling out this form.
Picture retake day for Cohort A is May 25th and picture retake day for Cohort B is May 27th.
Parent Orientation Mini-Sessions for the 2021-2022 School Year
More Teacher Interviews
School Dress Code
Dress for Success Code
The purpose of the Franklin Dress Code is to foster a professional, safe, and respectful learning environment at school. We believe it is one more component of preparing students for success. Students who choose to dress inappropriately* will be asked to change. Shirt/pants will be provided by the office for the student to wear. Refusal to change is grounds for discipline.
*Inappropriate clothing is any item deemed by administration as disruptive to the education process or in current use of local gangs.
- Must cover all of the stomach, back, and chest at all times, even with raised arms.
- May not be see-through, except for sleeves, nor reveal any undergarment.
- No portion of bras may show.
- Cannot sag below hips or show any portion of underwear, even when worn with untucked shirts.
- May not have tears or rips in the hip or thigh area so that skin is visible. Sewn-in linining is acceptable.
- May not have any message written on the backside.
- No pajama pants.
- All shorts, skirts, and dresses must be longer than the finger tips when arms are at the students' side.
- Hats and hoods cannot be worn inside the building. Belts made of web material and/or that hang down below the waist are not allowed.
No gang affiliated colors or clothing (varies with current trends)-such as:
- No red shoes with read laces and no blue shoes with blue laces.
- No bandanas.