Parker Family Update
February 13, 2022
Hello Parker Families,
We have just one week to go before our February vacation and our annual Parker PRIDE Week coming up! This is a fun way to roll into our break and is a fantastic school-culture-builder. Thanks for taking the time to read this message and I will see you again soon.
15th Annual SouperBowl Collection!
P.R.I.D.E. Week '22 - It's here!
PRIDE Week at Parker is a fantastic opportunity for us to celebrate as a school community while reinforcing our core values of P.R.I.D.E. Perseverance, Respect, Integrity, Dedication, Empathy.
Each day of the week focuses on a different letter in the acronym. Students will enjoy music in the lobby and cafe along with daily slideshows reinforcing the theme of the day. Our PRIDE Reps will visit the 5th and 6th grade classrooms to facilitate discussions with our younger students.
PRIDE Week 2022 will culminate with 4 "PRIDE Rallies" where students and staff will compete in various games while promoting our positive school climate and sportsmanship. Students will be able to sign up to participate and players will be randomly chosen prior to the events.
Parker Drama Performance!
Parker's Got Talent!
- 8th grade students are invited to audition for emcee on Monday, February 28th after school (Emcee is only open to 8th grade students).
- All students are invited to audition on Tuesday, March 1st and Wednesday, March 2nd (after school).
*All auditions will take place in room 123.
CPS Mask Policy
As mentioned in Dr. Lang's weekly update (linked below), the Chelmsford School Committee will convene on Monday, February 14th to discuss the current mask policy in our schools. The meeting is at 6PM and will be televised thanks to our friends at Chelmsford Telemedia.
Thank you in advance for ensuring that your children come to school on their test days rested and ready to do their best!
- We will continue to send students outside for recess as often as possible. Please be sure that your child(ren) are coming to school prepared to go outside for approximately 15 minutes each day.
- Our Lost & Found is growing again! Please ask your child(ren) to stop outside the cafeteria and take a look!
- Massachusetts has a No Idling Law outside of public buildings, including schools. No vehicle is permitted to idle for more than 5 minutes. Thank you for your understanding.
"Paper" Online Tutoring Support
The district has partnered with "Paper," a 24/7 online tutoring program that is free for all CPS students! This service is staffed with trained, academic experts who will be available anytime to help our students succeed. Students can simply log into Clever on their Chromebook and click the Paper icon for support.
I encourage you and your child to take advantage of this great opportunity!
- February 14 - 18: PRIDE Week!
- February 21 - 25: February Vacation
- March 3 - Early Dismissal at 11:10
- March 8, 9, 10: 8th Annual Parker Classic Floor Hockey Tourney (7th & 8th grades)
- March 11 & 12: Parker Drama Performances