MIS Monday Message
February 1 - 5
We have a faculty meeting this week and we will be continuing our work on building a shared vision for MIS. We will also be looking at our MAP data and celebrating the growth our students have made since the start of the year.
I came across a neat blog set up by a team of teachers that I'd like to share. I've linked their post on Genius Hour, but they also have other great ideas that you might find interesting. If you find a great blog that you'd like to share, please email it to me! Also, I've loved discussing in PGP meetings the ways you are connecting with other educators via Twitter and chats. Don't forget to share these ideas with your team!
A few other things for this week:
- RtI meetings will be held on Tuesday - Thursday according to the schedule I emailed out Friday.
- The UAM Jazz Band will be here on Wednesday to perform for our 4th grade students. This is provided free of charge from the SEARK Concert Association. The 5th grade students will have a Brass Quartet coming on Feb. 25th as part of this program, and our 3rd grade students will go to UAM to see The Wizard of Oz on March 1st. I know many of you have asked about us taking all grades to see The Wizard of Oz, but the SEARK Concert Association has designated if for all 3rd graders in our region. If there are extra seats we may have a chance to go, but I wouldn't count on it. I'm trying! :)
- Partner teacher meetings will take place this week on regular team meeting days.
Let's make it a great week at MIS!
Freezin' for a Reason!
We will have a few fundraisers going on to raise money for this cause, and there's even a little friendly competition between campuses going on. Mrs. Holaway has challenged all the Monticello administrators to see who can raise the most money. Blake and I have already committed to plunge, but we need your help!
If you'd like to plunge with us or donate, please let us know!
THIS WEEK AT MIS
- Fire drill (unannounced)
- RtI - teachers meet with partners in one room; other partner covered
- RtI meetings, 3rd grade, 7:50 - 9:30
- RtI meetings, 4th grade, 7:50 - 9:30
- 8:30, UAM Jazz Band visits 4th grade, MIS cafeteria
- Faculty meeting, 3:20, MIS Library
- RtI meetings, 5th grade, 7:50 - 9:10
- Grades cut off for progress reports
- Leadership Meeting, 7:50 am
- RtI planning time in rooms
- Grades uploaded by noon
UPCOMING IMPORTANT DATES:
- Feb. 6 - Daddy/Daughter Dance @ MIS
- Feb. 9 - Progress reports go home
- Feb. 12 - Valentine parties, 2pm
- Feb. 15 - No school
- Feb. 19 - Donuts for Dads
- Feb. 26 - Fourth grade field trip to STEM festival in Little Rock
- Feb. 27 - Polar Plunge