Weekly News for Room 205
Ms. Howey's Class
Week of: June 8-11, 2015...Last Week!
- Thanks to all the parents that volunteered to help with Field Day! The kids had a great time (see photos below) and we couldn't have done it without you!
- Our 4th Grade End-of-the-Year-Extravaganza will be held on Tuesday from 12:30 -3:15 @ Trombly. We hope you'll join us for an afternoon of fun!
- If you are interested in joining our Summer Book Club Blog, please return your note to me by Wed., June 10th- so that I can get you a password. :)
- Wednesday and Thursday are both 1/2 days, and school will be dismissed @ 11:36. Report cards will be handed out on Thursday.
- Students should NOT bring a backpack to school on Thursday.
June 8, 2015
Dear Room 205 Parents,
It’s hard to believe it’s already the last week of your child’s year as a 4th grader! It seems as though the year flew by! There are many reasons that I feel this way, one is that I was blessed with a wonderful group of hard-working children, who love to learn, collaborate and have fun. From the Pringles Challenge, Genius Hours, endangered animal reports, Scrabble parties, book orders, Hour of Code, and everything in between, your kids have been up for whatever challenges I placed in front of them!
Another reason I feel like this year has passed so quickly, is the amazing parental support that I have encountered. Your support has allowed our class to do and experience sooo many things. Here are just a few of the many reasons that I am thankful for your help: homework help (checking blog posts!), party planning, attending and donating treats for Scrabble parties, sewing help, Field Day volunteers etc.; basically– helping with anything and everything. :)
Thank you for sending me your child so well-prepared for 4th grade, for supporting our class and myself. Thank you for being interested and involved, and for making this a terrific year! I feel extremely lucky to have worked with you and your child, and look forward to watching them grow in 5th grade.
Have a fun, relaxing, happy, safe summer! See you next year!