UCS Secondary Virtual Academy
November 12, 2021
2022 Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday K-12 Video Contest
Macomb County students are invited to submit a video presentation of a quote by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Students will be judged on accuracy, composure, voice quality, posture and physical dynamics, and observance of time limit. Attached are the guidelines for this contest. All entries are due by Friday, December 17, 2021.
Michigan Association of State and Federal Programs Scholarship - MASFPS
MASFP and the national affiliate, the National Association of Federal Education Program Administrators (NAFEPA) released the scholarship application for high school seniors. The NAFEPA application also serves as the application for the MASFPS scholarships. Current high school seniors who are on track to graduate at the conclusion of the 2021-22 academic year are eligible to apply. The application and details about both scholarship programs are attached (2A, 2B).
Applications must be postmarked and mailed directly to Jan Callis the MASFPS Scholarship Chairperson and State NAFEPA representative, by January 7, 2022 at 2111 Pontiac Lake Road, Waterford, MI 48328. MASFPS will award three state-level scholarships. The applications of the top two state awardees will be submitted to NAFEPA to be considered for one of the four national scholarships. You can review the descriptions of the four NAFEPA scholarships on the NAFEPA website. Please share the scholarship documents with current seniors. The application documents will also be posted soon on NAFEPA page of the MASFPS Website.
VIRTUAL STUDENT MEALS
- Breakfast & lunch meals are available for virtual enrolled students only.
- Meals must be pre-ordered by Thursday the week before to ensure meal availability.
- For August 31 pickup we will allow meal orders until August 30.
- Meals can be ordered at www.sendmoneytoschool.com.
- You will need your student's school ID number. This is available on Powerschools as well as from your school's main office.
- We have provided a video link for you on how to order these meals.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut30F33DR_U&feature=youtu.be
- You will only be able to order meals for those students in Virtual School.
- Students attending in person learning, meals are available in their buildings during specified meal times.
- Menus for both programs will be different so please check the menu for your student's specified school and program.
- Meals are available for pickup at Stevenson (door 25) & Eisenhower (door 1) from 12:30-1:30pm on Mondays (Tuesdays when holidays are on Mondays) near the main offices.
- You must park and enter the designated door to pickup these meals. There is currently no outside pickup.
- You receive enough breakfasts and lunches to cover the school days. Non-school days are not allowed in the current program.
- If you have questions please call our office at 586-797-1180