D67 PTA Cardinal Read-a-thon
Kick-off Message to Parents
We are excited to announce our 2019 Golf D67 PTA Cardinal Read-a-Thon!
The PTA and our D67 teachers and principals have partnered to bring this new fundraiser and focus on literacy to our district! The Cardinal Read-a-Thon promises to be a fun journey for all students as they begin a Reading Adventure to complete 10 reading sessions over our 2-week event.
Our Cardinal Read-a-Thon will:
- Raise money to support our D67 PTA-sponsored programs
- Promote reading and literacy in school and at home
- Build connections between students and families in our school community
- Provide opportunities to "give back"
- Get students involved in reading and fundraising in a FUN way!
Benefits of a Read-a-Thon Fundraiser:
- We hope the Cardinal Read-a-thon will be our ONLY major fundraiser of the year! No more selling products or individual "asks" for donations throughout the year!
- Don't want to fundraise? Parents can easily make a one-time donation to the PTA through their student's Read-a-thon web page.
- We understand that, as parents, you have high expectations for the quality of your child’s education, but also have limited time. Holding a Read-a-Thon makes fundraising EASY for parents and reading EXCITING for students!
All our D67 students and families can get involved in the "fun"draising!
Students learn about what they are raising money for and how it will benefit the programs they enjoy.
What are we fundraising for?
Your involvement in the Read-a-Thon will help support the many programs sponsored and funded by the D67 PTA. These programs include:
- Teacher Appreciation Activities
- Teacher Conference Dinners
- Giving Fund for Students in Need
- International Celebration of Cultures
- Parent Education Nights
- Golf & Hynes Kids Nights Out
- Enrichment Assemblies
- Back-to-school Pool Parties
- Hynes Creates Art Program
- Yearbook Stipend
- Fall and Winter Classroom Parties
- End-of-Year Class Picnics
- 4th Grade End-of Year Event
- 7th Grade Camp
- 8th Grade Dance
- 8th Grade Play
- And MORE!
How does the Read-a-Thon work?
- By simply activating your reader’s personal web page and using the email, text and social media promotional tools found there, friends and family anywhere in the world can show their support for your reader by making a donation to our Cardinal Read-a-Thon. Cash donations will also be accepted.
- By receiving donations and completing reading sessions, students will earn Read-a-Thon Bucks (RAT Bucks) toward prizes and entries into raffles that will be held in their classrooms throughout the Read-a-Thon. A raffle schedule and details will be communicated next week.
What happens next:
- Cardinal Read-a-thon Kick Off Sessions will be held at Golf Middle School on Tuesday, October 8 and at Hynes Elementary on Friday, October 11.
- During the Kick-off Sessions students will receive a flyer explaining how to activate their personal Read-a-thon web page. Please activate your student's personal web page and begin promoting their reading goals as quickly as possible!
- Students will complete their first reading session at school on Friday, October 11.
Stay tuned for MUCH MORE information in the coming weeks and please reach out with any questions! Thank you for supporting the D67 PTA!
D67 PTA Board (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dyana Lescohier, Co-president
Amy Falasz-Peterson, Co-president
Brooke Beck, Treasurer
Abby Mills, Secretary
Annie Chiado, VP of Member Engagement
Su Lam, Co-VP of Classroom Events
Myra Mintu, Co-VP of Classroom Events