Room 603 Update
A Class of Leaders // November 9, 2015
Last Week Review
Some notes for Lexia at home:
- Independent - students need to be working completely by themselves on the program. When a student reaches a frustration point, the program recognizes that and will guide them in mastering that skill.
- Focused - If your child is choosing to do Lexia at home, they should be in a spot where they can focus for the time they're on. If they leave or take too long because they are distracted, the program will register that.
- Goals - This will be a goal setting conference, as opposed to going over a report card. Parents, if you haven't already please write out a goal you have for your child in this link.
- Students come! - I'm asking that students come with you so we can talk about goals together
If you haven't yet, please sign up for conferences on this Sign-up Genius link.
I will be sending home a reminder for your time on Thursday. I'm excited to meet with you all!
If you're interested in helping out, I'm sure we could use more volunteers! Contact Alison Frost @ firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to volunteer.
For more information, visit the site here.
This Week At a Glance:
What we're studying:
- Language Arts - Answering questions with text evidence (assessment coming soon!)
- Math - Unit 2: Concepts of Multiplication
- Writing - Expository Writing
- Social Studies - California Regions
- Other - The 7 Habits: Sharpen the Saw
What We're Doing:
- PE Monday/Thursday
- No school Wednesday!
- Science Lab Thursday
- Friday Flag Salute: Student and Mathematician of the Month