Teaching Tip #34: Quilts
Steps to Create a Quilt:
1. Design each quilt square.
2. Make the quilt squares.
3. Assemble your quilt.
- Involves the four traditional modes of listening, speaking, reading, and writing.
- Includes two visual modes: viewing and visually representing.
When to Use:
- As an end-of-the-year project.
- As a celebration for book week.
- As a final project for a thematic unit or literature unit.
How it Connects to the Standards:
- Students integrate information presented in various media and different formats to understand the topic.
- Students determine the theme.
- Students analyze how visual elements contribute to meaning.