We Are Sailing Through Kindergarten!
May 6th, 2016
- This week we celebrated the people we love with our Special Person Day party. Thank you so much to those who joined us to celebrate. Watch the video below to take a trip down memory lane. The video highlights our journey through Kindergarten (so far!). Enjoy!
- We also went to the Nature Study Center to visit Mr. Black. We got to pet Oreo the bunny and had fun exploring the center to study all of the plants and animals. Mr. Black taught us about the bones we have in our body and the bones the animals have in their bodies. We were so intrigued and we learned so much!
- A special message to our Moms... Happy Mother's Day! Enjoy your special day!
Things we've learned...
- We continued learning the following high frequency words: here, go, and from. Please review these words with your child at home.
- We learned the following Amazing Words: abuela, adventure, airport, city, flock, and harbor.
- We continued learning the following letter and sound: Ee.
- In math, we continued learning about shapes and solid figures.
- In science we began our plant unit. We learned about seeds and the parts of a seed.
Books we've read...
- Abuela by Arthur Dorros
- The Tiny Seed by Eric Carle
- From Seed to Plant by Allan Fowler
STAR OF THE WEEK
Mia was our star student this week. We learned that she LOVES dogs (especially her dog Molly), her stuffed animal named Bear, and her family. She also loves chocolate! Great job, Mia!
- WE WILL BE HAVING FIELD DAY ON THURSDAY, JUNE 16th. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND GET READY FOR A FUN-FILLED DAY!
- As the weather gets warmer, please remember that the children must wear closed-toe shoes to participate in recess.
- If your child is absent from school, please send in an absent note the day your child returns. Thank you!
- Please make sure your child’s name is on ALL homework. Please be sure to help your child read the directions carefully and check it when it is complete. Thank you for your continued support at home!
- Please continue to bring your ID with you at dismissal. It is a School #6 policy to always have your ID with you at dismissal. In the event that there is a substitute teacher, you will be required to show identification.
- To see more pictures from our days at School #6, check out our school page on the district website!