Study Tips and Tricks
Failing tests, you dont know how to study, here is the trick
Tips and Tricks
1. Always pay attention to what you are studying. Do not get in a loud environment or somewhere you know you will get distracted.
2. Re-read it over and over and over again until you can repeat it without having to look. It will help store that information. This will help recall and recognize that information later.
3. Group and organize your material so you wont get confused or frustrated. Put certain terms and concepts together that match up.
4. Use mnemonic devices. For example: in math you have the order of operations, right?
That is PEMDAS, which means parentheses, exponents, multiplication or division whichever comes first, and addition or subtraction whichever comes first. A way you can remember it is Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally.
5. Use graphic figures. Draw things out or look very closely at the pictures or diagrams in your textbook. If you are a visual learner, this will help a lot.
6. Connect new material with old material that you have learned. It will help recall the new information later.
7. Teach new information to someone. If you wanted to, put your stuffed animals out in a row and teach to them as if they were your own class.
8. Pay very close attention to difficult information you do not understand. Take extra time to review it.
9.Change your studying pattern. Move to a different spot or try studying at a different time such as: night time, in the morning, or in the evening.
10. Get plenty of sleep. Researchers have shown that more sleep will help with memory and learning. But really, who doesn't like to sleep? I would not argue with this one!