Nipher 6th Grade Update
July 27, 2023
Dr. Kelly Dickinson
6th Grade Orientation
- 8/2 at 5:00pm; 8/2 at 6:00pm; 8/8 at 8:00am; 8/8 at 9:00am.
When students arrive for orientation, they will report directly to their starting location as follows:
- Last names beginning with A-H will begin in the library
- Last names beginning with I-R will begin in 106S
- Last names beginning with S-Z will begin in 101W
We ask that one parent walks your 6th grader into the Nipher Student Center (main door). We will have paperwork for parents/guardians to take with them for completion regarding 6th Grade Get Outdoors! (aka 6th grade camp). You can return it at any time after orientation (8/8 through the first week of school). Also, you will be able to pick up your student's iPad.
You are also welcome to come to Nipher with your student on 8/8 between 10:00 AM and 6:00 PM to get your student's picture taken and independently walk their schedule.
Do not worry if your student cannot attend any of these orientation dates and times. Please know you can stop by the main office any time after August 8th between 8:00 AM and 3:00 PM to pick up your schedule and walk the building!
iPad Pick-Up by a Parent on Orientation Day
1. Complete this Google Form for EACH of your students. It includes a technology agreement as well as a declaration of whether you choose to purchase iPad insurance or not. A full description of the coverage is included in the Google Form.
2. If you choose to purchase iPad insurance, please go to MySchoolBucks and pay the insurance fee to complete this process. The insurance fee is $20. (It is $10 for students participating in the free/reduced lunch program.) Please note this company's program works more efficiently on a laptop than on your phone.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to Alec Tegels, our technology specialist, at email@example.com.
6th Grade Get Outdoors (GO!)
More information and a sign-up will follow, but if you would like to be a volunteer for this field trip, please be sure you registered as a district volunteer within the last year. The link that includes the steps in this process is here.