ELA CCSS Academy
with an emphasis in supporting striving learners
- I can explain the content, format, and structure of the English Language Arts (ELA) CCSS and use this information to develop explicit learning targets collaboratively with cooperating teachers in literacy instruction.
- I can describe and utilize high leverage instructional literacy strategies to engage and support students in meeting the ELA CCSS.
- I can describe the difference between accommodation and modifications as it aligns with the CCSS in ELA
- I can explain CCSS assessment strategies and use them to develop a purposeful assessment that measures students’ CCSS literacy skills.
ELA CCSS Academy with an emphasis in Special Education
Wednesday, Nov. 12th, 8:30am-3pm
1951 Bond St
Green Bay, WI
Windsor Room at the Comfort Suites Inn/Rock Gardens
Breakfast and Lunch will be served at the venue
Please bring your MAC books
8:30 AM Welcome and Introduction (breakfast provided)
- The Common Language of the Common Core
· What do the Standards say? What do they mean?
- Higher and Clearer Learning Targets
· Understanding the progression of the Standards
· Keeping the Standards in front of students: learning targets
- Evidence-Based Reading and Writing
· Understanding the CCSS Shifts: What do they look like in your classroom?
12:00 PM Lunch (provided)
- Evidence Based Reading and Writing (con’t)
· Resources to help you implement the shifts
- Purposeful Assessment of Learning
· What is evidence of literacy learning?
· Getting started: developing a CCSS assessment
- Text with Rigor and Complexity
· Close reading of complex texts and text-dependent questions
3:00 PM Wrap-Up