November 13, 2015
Thank you to everyone who attended our Family Night Out on Tuesday at Pie Five Pizza!
The class with the highest percentage of PARTICIPATION earned FREE PIZZA GIFT CERTIFICATES. Congratulations to our KINDERGARTEN CLASS for rising to the challenge!!
Students in grade 3-5 are required to wear PE uniforms in gym class Monday-Thursday. Additional shirts may be purchased here.
Personal Learning Plans
Sign up for your 2nd Quarter Conference!
Yearbook Cover Contest
Chesterbrook Academy will be CLOSED November 26 & 27 for Thanksgiving Break!
- Clubs will NOT operate the week of November 23-27. Please ensure your child has a ride arranged for 3:45pm pick up.
- Drop-in Extended Care is no longer available. Students must be registered and enrolled for the month in order to use before or after school care.
- CAES and 204 students must register in advance for GAP care on Nov. 25
Chesterbrook Academy and District 204 are closed on Wednesday, November 25th. CAES will offer GAP Camp that day. Registration is required no later than November 18th by 9:00am. Late registrations will not be accepted.
Policy Reminders: Drop Off and Pick Up Routines
- Curb side drop off prior to 8:30am is NOT ALLOWED. Please park, sign your child in at the front desk and walk them back to the extended care classroom. The only time it is acceptable to drop off at the curb is between 8:30 and 8:45am when Mrs. Glavas and/or Mrs. Rodgers are outside.
- Students who arrive late should be signed in at the front desk and an administrator will walk the student to their classroom. Students who are picked up early should be signed out at the front desk and an administrator will bring the student to the front.
- If a child will be dropped off late or picked up early, please email the child's teacher at least 24 hours in advance. Please cc Mrs. Kleifges.
Winter Concert and Spring Musical Announcement!
This spring's musical will be LION KING JR. Planning will begin in January and we will have auditions for roles in February.
Dates and Important Reminders
2nd Quarter Cooking Club begins
Non-Uniform Day: SPIRIT WEAR
Yearbook Cover Contest Submissions due to Miss Ziebart (grades 1-5)
Return signed copy of your child's Personal Learning Plan to the teacher.
First Grade Field Trip to Wheaton College 9:15am-12:00pm
Chester's Day Off Registrations Due for November 25th
CAPA Silent Auction and Raffle @ Thanksgiving Feast
20:Non-Uniform Day: Student Choice
Coffee with CAPA at Starbucks 9:00am
21:Trim the Tree Event at Brookfield Zoo 11:00am-12:00pm (Tickets have been purchased.)
23 - 24:No clubs will operate the week of Thanksgiving
No drop-in after care available
4th/5th grade overnight field trip to Lorado Taft
No School, Chester's Day Off (Registration due by 11/18) No late registrations accepted.
CAES closed for Thanksgiving Break
More Information Coming Soon...
2nd Grade Field Trip to the Chicago Field Museum 9:15am-3:00pm
Parent Ambassador Meeting 5:30-6:30pm
Kindergarten Field Trip to Waubonsie Valley High School Planetarium
Vision & Hearing Screening
Holiday Breakfast with Santa 9:00-11:00am
Winter Holiday Concert 6:00-7:30pm
Kindergarten Book Swap
Winter Class Parties
December 21-23 and 28-30:
Winter Break GAP Camp (forms are already posted on website)