Live Together. Learn Together. Lead Together.
Top Things to Remember
1. FRIDAY September 10th---Wear red, white, and blue to honor Patriot Day and our National Day of Service and Remembrance 9-11
2. Student IDs---all students received an ID badge and lanyard. Students use their IDs at breakfast, lunch, media, and on the bus. Please ensure your child has their ID daily.
3. Track your child's bus at:"Where's the Bus" app. https://www.collierschools.com/Page/12820
4. Always provide a doctor's note to the front office in order for your child to be excused. When calling in absences, students are still considered absent for the day. Continue to call 377-7900 to inform us of absences.
CCPS academic calendar:https://www.collierschools.com/Page/13680
5. Updating the Parent Portal--Click here to visit the CCPS Portal and login as a parent-do not login using your student's information.
6. Connect for Success--PME's designated time is from 8:35-8:50 every Tuesday and Thursday. A great opportunity to discuss all of the great things your child is learning about leadership and connections within our school community.
7. Please join us at our first SAC and PTO meeting on September 14th in the Cafeteria. SAC will begin at 5pm and PTO at 6pm.
8. Always check our website at:https://www.collierschools.com/PME
BelieveNBooks Book Drive
Dear PME Families,
The PTO is working with BelieveNBooks to organize a school wide book drive to gather new or gently used children’s books for the Guadalupe Center in Immokalee, Florida! Just in time for the Fall book fair, you can go through your bookshelves and bring in your books that are ready for a new home. Share your favorite stories, adventures, and characters with others in our community who do not have access to reading materials. Drop boxes will be in the front office and the media center from Wednesday September 8th until Friday September 17th. Let’s fill those boxes and show them how Pelican Marsh gives back!
Counselor's Corner from Mrs. Ward
Family Day is a Day to Eat Dinner With Your Children
Make Something Delicious Together on Family Day, Monday, September 27, 2021.
The Family Day campaign is a way to build strong practices for lifelong health skills for communication, disconnecting from technology/screen time, healthy eating habits, listening, building empathy, reduction of drug use and so many more lifetime tools when applied daily/weekly. PME, let’s take this to the next level and post fun dinners with our families!
Technology PLEASE USE RESPONSIBLY!
Just a reminder - laptops are still CCPS property and need to be cared for responsibly.
The cost to repair or replace laptops for irresponsible damage is as follows:
- Power adapter $48.00
- Keyboard $95.00
- Touch Screen Laptop Screen $231.00
- Non Touch Screen Laptop Screen $117.00
- Laptop Total Replacement $586.00
Technology support is available to students and parents by visiting www.collierschools.com/CollierConnect.
9/8-9/17 BelieveNBooks Drive
9/14-SAC Meeting 5pm; PTO Meeting 6pm--Cafeteria
9/16- No School for Students
9/17-9/24 Book Fair
Face Covering Updates
All drinking fountains will not be utilized during the school day. Students and staff will have access to water bottle filling stations. It is important that your child bring a labeled water bottle to school everyday. Please ensure water bottles are clearly marked with your child's first and last name. Thank you for helping us keep our Pelicans healthy and hydrated!
Birthday celebrations are special for all students, and each classroom teacher acknowledges a student’s birthday in various ways. In all cases, children are recognized at school on their special day. If you wish to send in an item for your child’s birthday, you may send in a non-food item that will be distributed at the end of the school day. Suggested items include: a colorful pencil, eraser top, stickers, bookmarks, or a small novelty item. Food items sent or brought in by parents/guardians will not be allowed and will be returned with your child. Distributing party invitations at school will only be permitted if there is an invitation for all students in the classroom, or all girls, or all boys.
Collier County School District’s Wellness Policy 8510 guides our four, yearly classroom celebrations, which are: Fall Festival, Winter Holiday, Valentine’s Day, and End of Year Celebration. Parents wishing to provide holiday party food/drink are asked to coordinate with the classroom teacher prior to the event. Classrooms that contain students with documented allergies may have additional restrictions regarding the types of foods permitted. The health and safety of all students is our top priority.
Important Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
7:50 - Doors Open
8:25 Tardy Bell
Arrival: Breakfast continues to be available free of charge and is encouraged. Students may eat in the cafeteria, socially distanced, before reporting to their classroom. All students must be dropped off in the car rider line, if they are not riding a bus. Parents may not walk their child to the front gate. This procedure change will assist us in keeping our students healthy and safe as we maintain social distancing. We will have plenty of supervision and assistance available to escort students to class. Visitors will not be permitted on campus at this time.
Dismissal: If you plan on utilizing the car rider line, car rider signs should be displayed in the front windshield. Parents must remain in their cars. Students who will dismiss as walkers or bike riders will be divided by grade level/families. Again, this will assist us in social distancing. If crossing the street, follow the crossing guard.
Information from our PTO
Mark your calendar!
PTO Meeting on September 14th at 6:00 PM in the PME cafeteria.
Become a volunteer!
- Don't forget to update your volunteer status at: https://www.collierschools.com/volunteer
- Visit us at pelicanmarshpto.com
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to receive information about volunteer opportunities.
Box Tops for our school!
Box Tops have gone digital! Scan your receipts and earn for Pelican March by following these simple steps:
1. Go to boxtops4education.com OR to your App Store and download the Box Tops for Education app
2. Register for free and search for Pelican Marsh Elementary
3. Scan your store receipt using the app and it will automatically find the Box Tops products you purchased and add cash to your school’s earnings online
4. You can also submit your digital receipts from online shopping by emailing them to email@example.com within 14 days of your purchase
If you wish to become a Pelican Sponsor and have your banner hanging on the school fence, please contact Leah Ritchey at Leah@naples.com
Thank you to all of our current sponsors!
Manring Brothers, Compass Realty
Pediatric Dentistry of Naples
Responsive Insurance, Matt Nance
Investment Properties Corp
Willis & Davidow Attorneys at Law
Summit Wealth Partners, LLC
Sunset Automotive of Naples
Lorna Fedelem MD & Associates
Brain Balance of Naples
The DeVries Family
The Cammuso Family
The Clayton Family
The Johnson Family
The Swarts Family
The Box Family
The Ritchey Family
The Sherwood Family