Sun Smart at Harrington Street PS
Promoting healthy lifestyle choices.
Resources for teachers
No hat, shade play
Students and staff have the responsibility to model sun safe practices when outdoors. This includes:
- wearing a hat
- use of SPF30+ sunscreen
- outdoor activities are scheduled outside peak UV times
- students not wearing hats play in shaded areas (Area A & B)
Do you know what these symbols mean?
1. Slip on clothing that covers your arms and legs
2. Slap on a broad brimmed, bucket or legionnaire hat
3. Slop on 30+ broad-spectrum water-resistant sunscreen
4. Seek shade
5. Slide on wrap around sunglasses (if you can manage them)
Classes are encouraged to create a poster that promotes sun safety. Posters can be created individually, as a group or as a class.
Each class will be asked to submit ONE poster to Mrs Bentley for judging on Friday 6th December. A winning poster from each grade will be selected and used to promote sun safety around our school.
Examples for Poster Designs
BBC Learning Zone
Eye Catching Poster Designs
NSW Syllabus links for the Poster Design
New English Syllabus
ENe-2A, EN1-2A, EN2-2A, EN3-2A
ENe-7B, EN1-7B, EN2-7B, EN3-5B
ENe-10C, EN1-10C, EN2-10C, EN3-7C
ENe-11D, EN1-11D, EN2-11D, EN3-8D
Personal Development, Health and Physical Education
PHES1.12, PHS1.12, PHS2.12, PHS3.12
SLES1.13, SLS1.13, SLS2.13, SLS3.13
Creative and Practical Arts
VAES1.2, VAS1.2, VAS2.2, VAS3.2
VAES1.4, VAS1.4, VAS2.4, VAS3.4