Tech & Media Mashup
Edition 4- September 22, 2015
Remember, teachers should not update RSS issued iPads either until further notice.
Discovery ED Assessments
- Students should be given materials they would normally have in a testing situation (scratch paper, etc.)
- Provide accommodations for students if they would normally receive them in a regular testing situation. (There is no built in read aloud feature for the upper grades. The person providing the accommodation will have to read it.)
- Remind students that there will be items on the test they may not know how to answer as it may not have been covered yet. The test is cumulative and is designed to determine how much the students know already and in which areas they need more instruction.
- Allot your students at least an hour of time to complete a benchmark test.
- When you are assigning the window of time for your tests to be completed, make sure the time you choose is set for correct hours of the school day. (9:00 am instead of pm) If the date or time is set wrong, the students won't be able to access the test.
Sign Up Genius
September Computer lab sign up: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0f49a8af2fa6f94-computer
October Computer lab sign up: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0f49a8af2fa6f94-computer14
Many of you enjoyed using Board Builder last year and when I was looking through DE's new information this week, I came across a brand new resource listing 50 New Ideas for using Board Builder. There is a link in the article that takes you to the list. There is an example of each of the 50 ideas that you can click on and see. There are some good ones on there. Take a minute or two to look at it. It may be something you can put into use in the coming weeks! Here's the link: http://blog.discoveryeducation.com/blog/2015/09/18/50-ways-to-use-board-builder-3/
From Mrs. Sloop...
Did you know?
- To access through our district homepage, simply go to Staff or Students/Parents and click the drop down and choose Destiny. From there, you'll need to click on Millbridge. The page that comes up will have two tabs. Click on the tab labeled CATALOG.
- To access via the app, you'll need to download the free Destiny Quest app. Once you load the app, it will ask for a url. Type in the following: www.rss.follettdestiny.com. Once you're connected, scroll through the listing of schools and select Millbridge.
When using either of these options, I would highly suggest logging in using your using your PowerSchool number for the user name and password. This will allow you to create resource lists and fully utilize the catalog. We'll save those tips for the next newsletter.
I'm trying to work with students to make sure that they have the Destiny Quest app on their iPads (as long as self service is being cooperative). Please encourage them to bring their iPads when they come to browse for books. This puts the catalog right in their hands!