BHS Tiger News
Week of April 3, 2022 - Back from Spring Break!
Belleville High School
Greetings, BHS Families, this is Week #10 of Semester 2, and we would like to formally introduce the TOP TEN Academic Achievers for the Class of 2022! Last week, we announced Belleville High School's TOP TEN out of 395 Seniors. For 7 semesters, these students consistently achieved High Honors and performed at the top of their class:
#10 - Yat “Daniel” Hui
#9 - Bryce Radtka
#8 - Luke Leinonen
#7 - Nazareth Sanchez
#6 - Avni Patel
#5 - Avery Stakley
#4 - Kylie Satterfield
#3 - Megan Okubo
Salutatorian – Avery Fields
Valedictorian – Laura Montgomery
CONGRATULATIONS to our Tigers who entered high school making a decision - and then maintained the decision to win academically. We honor your persistence, determination, and hard work!
FINAL QUARTER OF THE YEAR:
Tomorrow begins the 4th quarter, which is the Final Quarter of the 2021/2022 School Year. Please remember to help your student FOCUS on preparing for State Testing, which can determine which opportunities they may qualify for. Also, make sure your student finishes the school year strong by taking advantage of our STUDENT ACADEMIC SUPPORTS as needed:
Homework Lab (Tues/Thurs) and Tutoring (Mon/Tues/Thurs)
LAST WEEK'S HIGHLIGHTS:
What an exciting time the last week was! BHS hosted AND competed in the FIRST Robotics Competition and our Boys Basketball team had the privilege of playing the Breslin Center (@ MSU) for the MHSAA Quarterfinals - The Final Four. Though we ended the season with a loss to Grand Blanc, the last time our boys team made it to the Final Four was in 2002, 20 years ago! Go Tigers, and CONGRATULATIONS to Coach Trumpour and the team!!
Important Dates and Upcoming Events:
April 4th: School Reconvenes, 4th Quarter Begins
April 6th: Senior Class vs. Staff Basketball Game, 6:30pm-8:30pm
April 13th - April 20th: Spring TESTING (See Counseling Section for Testing Info)
April 20th: Tiger Parent Meeting
April 22nd-24th: Tiger Drama presents Seussical the Musical! Friday & Saturday @ 7pm and Sunday @ Noon.
Have a fantastic week everyone, and GO TIGERS!
~ Principal Crockett, AP Mrs. Green, AP Mr. Roberson, AP Mr. Wright, BNT Director Mr. Wilsey, and AD Mr. Brodie
Belleville FIRST Robotics Competition
STUDENTS OF THE MONTH for February 2022
As we continue developing the BHS Vision of Purpose, Excellence, and ACHIEVEMENT, we would like to recognize students who are exemplifying these characteristics. Students were nominated by their teachers for excellence in any of the following categories:
Significant Progress in the Classroom
Marked Improvement in Grades
Notable Consideration Towards Others
CONGRATULATIONS To The Following Students (Please CLICK THE LINK to see the categories that students were nominated for):
- Demetrice Brantley
- Emily Bryant
- Austin Burke
- Hannah Clark
- Markayla DeJarnette
- Cameron Dyson
- Ja'Len Jenkins
- Avion Johnson
- Dezeree Lacy
- Mearah Mahdi
- Payton Mathis
- Paul Mayfield
- Eylizia Nelson
- Jason Potesta
- Matthew Roth
- Dontrell Shepard
FEBRUARY Students of the Month - Reasons for Nomination List: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kR6o8tMajkUs6n6NUtBfFtC7vZJBTrHYI2K6wA67emI/edit?usp=sharing
BHS Boys Basketball Plays the Breslin Center at Michigan State University
Student Council and SENIOR CLASS Information
- Senior VS Staff Basketball game will be held on Wednesday, April 6, 2022 beginning at 6:30 p.m. Admission is $5.00 and proceeds benefit the Class of 2022. See the flyer for more information.
- Spring Senior shirts, that have the names of all of the Class of 2022 Seniors listed on the back, are available for purchase NOW through PaySchools until April 8, 2022. Please complete this google form to indicate shirt option, size and verify spelling of name on the back of the shirt.
- Class of 2023 Senior Status shirts are now available to purchase. Please complete this google form to indicate shirt size. Shirts can be purchased only through PaySchools. (If you purchased a Junior package at the beginning of the school year, the Senior Status shirt was included).
- Senior yard signs will be available for pickup on Wednesday, April 20, 2022.
- Senior Class of 2022 Prom will be held on Friday, May 20, 2022 from 7:00 p.m. till 11:00 p.m. at Laurel Manor in Livonia, Michigan. Tickets are available for purchase NOW through PaySchools until April 8, 2022.
- Senior Party will be held on Saturday, May 21, 2022 at High Velocity beginning at 8:00 p.m. Tickets are $20.00 and are available NOW through PaySchools until May 13, 2022.
- See the Class of 2022 link for updates on upcoming events including fundraisers, senior parent meetings, prom and senior party.
- Thursday, May 5, 2022 is the Tuff Puff Volleyball game. More details to come.
From the Counseling Team
22-23 Course Registration - CLASSES FOR NEXT YEAR
We have wrapped up our 22-23 Course Registration season. Please REVIEW the courses selected by your student in MIStar, and contact your student’s counselor if you have any questions or concerns.
SPRING STATE TESTING -
NOTE: BOS AND ECA Students are Coming in to Test In Person
The schedule for testing dates is below. If your son or daughter has an IEP or 504 plan the dates and schedules will differ slightly and Mrs. Testorelli will provide that information as well.
How can my student prepare?
Your student should use their College Board account and Khan Academy account to build practice tests unique to your child’s strengths and weaknesses on previous PSAT’s.
Counselors will be sending a more detailed letter the week of April 4th so your child knows what to expect, and what to bring on test day.
Paper/Pencil Test - Main Gym Spring Testing Center (STC)
- Wednesday, April 13th - SAT Schedule
- Thursday, April 14th - ACT Work keys Schedule
- Friday, April 15th - PSAT 10 Schedule
- Monday, April 18th - PSAT 8/9 Schedule
- Tuesday, April 26th - Make-up SAT
- Wednesday, April 27th - Make-up PSAT 9 and 10
- Thursday, April 28 - Make up ACT Workkeys
M-Step In School Test - Chromebooks will be used
- April 19th - Social Studies in person (30 minutes)
- April 20th - Science in person (90 minutes)
- April 21st - Science in person continued
- April 22nd - Make-up Science in person
- April 29rd - Make-up Social Studies in person
- April 25th - ECA students SS/Sci and WDF students
- May 2nd-4th - BOS students (30 per day) SS/Sci
- May 9th -13th and 16th - 20th : M- Step Make Ups
AP (Advanced Placement) Testing
- May 2 - May 13th
This is the perfect time to begin finalizing your summer plans for your family. If you’re looking for career focused summer camps, consider some of the options listed below! Your local recreation department, community college or youth focused non-profit may list other opportunities. Cheers to Summer!
IT'S TIME TO COMPARE FINANCIAL AID AWARD LETTERS
Now that seniors have completed their Federal Application for Financial Student Aid (FAFSA), postsecondary schools are sending financial aid award letters. These letters spell out the details of a student’s financial aid award package. A financial aid package is a collection of different types of financial aid, including Grants, Loans, Scholarships, and more. It is intended to contribute towards the COA (Cost of Attendance) and help make postsecondary education more affordable. Here are some resources to help out with the review process.
Have an underclassmen and wonder how much financial aid your student is eligible for?
Attention Graduating Seniors: Ford Motor Company Internship Opportunity!
Ford Motor Company High School Science & Technology Program (HSSTP) Summer Internship. Ford Motor Company is working to provide you with a meaningful experiences to get you excited and inspired about a career in STEM.
Although this is an unpaid internship, Ford Motor Company will offer scholarships to be used towards future education. A complete application includes: Application form, Transcript, Teacher Recommendation Letter
Smith Group Exploring Post - Smith Group Exploring Post program is designed to give high school students the opportunity to “explore '' architectural and engineering professions while participating in hands-on activities alongside professional architects and engineers within Smith Group. Take a look at the upcoming In-person Workshop Schedule. For more information and to register, click here
4/5 Civil & Structural Engineering
4/13 Architectural Technology
5/10 Electrical Engineering & Lighting Design
5/18 Mechanical & Plumbing Engineering
New scholarships were added to our scholarship page this week! Please click on the link below to see new scholarship opportunities.
Here are a "few" additional scholarships with approaching deadlines. Apply today!
- Robert A. Hill, Jr. Scholarship- 4/4/22
- Rawsonville PTO Scholarship- 4/4/22
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. - Starlett Burrell Scholarship- 4/8/22
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. - Vision Fair Foundation Scholarship- 4/8/22
- McBride Middle School Student Council Scholarship- 4/8/22
- Legacy of Excellence-Belleville, Inc.- 4/15/22
- 2022 NHS Scholarship- 4/15/22
- Keystone Academy and Perseverance Scholarship- 4/15/22
- National Association of Buffalo Soldiers Motorcycle Club of Michigan 2022 Scholarship- 4/15/22
- SET SEG Foundation Skilled Trade Scholarship- 4/15/22
- WiseGeek Women in STEM Scholarship- 4/16/22
- National Association of Black Suppliers Scholarship Fund- 4/22/22
- EQUIPPED Scholarship- 4/30/22