JSE Staff December 11th
"LOVE YOUR PEOPLE"
We get one more week with our kiddos in 2015! Focus even more on the " I will learn..." statements to address the lesson objectives and engage your students in productive learning.
This last week will be a roller coaster of different emotions for our students as they think about Christmas and winter break. We are mindful, realizing that for some of our students winter break is an uncertain time and the change in schedule is difficult. These emotions often surface in behavior. Thank you for all you do in your classrooms to work through behavior concerns and situations. Your relationship with each of them is paramount.
All week long leading up to holiday reading and holiday parties, the smiles and uplifting spirits will be contagious! Thanks for organizing Allison! Remember to send your students home with a couple learning challenges...consider math facts, AR goals...what could your students practice over break to support them in reaching goals in 2016?
A reminder Diana and I will be out Monday and Tuesday. We will miss you all and look forward to celebrating the season and new year as a staff at Karen's house Thursday. Thanks for hosting Karen!!
Have a great weekend,
Sharing the love for my people! My "I appreciate all you do!" gift. What would we always "love" to have...more time!
LUNCH: And don't pack your lunch on Thursday! "Sandwiches from Jimmy Johns and salad. If you prefer a change this year to Olive Garden, talk amongst yourselves and let me know.
- Math Focus : Thank you K-2 and 3-5 teams for finishing the dissection of grade level vocabulary terms from the vocab glossary. After winter break we will address our plan for having discussions around the highlights of "Classroom Discussions in Math".
- PL221: The google shared running note doc has become an excellent way to communicate where each committee is in reaching goals and addressing needs. As you continue to meet to address the updated areas please add additional notes and share with collaborators. Our Google Classroom is also an excellent place to share information from your collaborations.
- Ren Learn Data Meetings Wrap-up before Winter Break: Data Meeting information was e-mailed to you, please let me know if you need me to resend the web-ex link to you. The next testing windows with be on the Google calendar shortly.
- Thursday: School Guard PD ALL STAFF in Amy's room.
- Friday Meeting with Mike: Grades K-2
Continuous improvement in our practice: Our mission as professionals!
We will gather after winter break as a staff to continue with our 14-15 Data to our 15-16 Plan. We will delve into our action plan to ensure we are addressing indicated focus areas. Again, I thank you for your commitment to making JSE the top-notch learning environment we are all proud to be a part of!
Teach Like a Champion refresher... “We” Techniques...
*We will wrap-up the techniques after break.
I encourage you to skim through these and include them in your instruction next week. Just a plain ol' good refresher!
- United Way Giving due Friday
- Don't pack a lunch on Thursday!
- Add your "gift of time" day and time
- Check out our google classroom...Thanks for continuing to share!
- Teach/Model/Instill/Emphasize CSL: Maintain Focus and Bucket-filling Trait: Giving
- Review the techniques above!
- Turn in 100% Effort Work.
- Spirit Fridays, wear your orange and green!