CSA Lincoln Newsletter
Friday, November 30th
Principal's Notes and Highlights
It is hard to believe it is already time to talk about enrollment. The application for new students to CSA Lincoln will be available starting tomorrow. The application link will be posted on our school website. In addition, we need to determine if there will be any openings in grades 1st-6th for the 2019-2020 school year. This is also the time to reserve seats for incoming siblings that will be in kindergarten next year.
- Next Year Enrollment Information: Coming home today with your student is a salmon (pink) colored paper. Please complete and return to school by Friday, December 14th. Please indicate whether you plan to return and identify any siblings that will be coming. Siblings of current CSA Lincoln students do not need to complete the online application for new students. Returning this form with sibling information will count as their application. We have also included an online version of this document in the newsletter. Please choose one of these options to complete. Any class that has 100% of the forms (paper or online) turned in by Friday, December 14th will earn an ice cream party!
- Science Fair- This will be happening next Tuesday! If you haven't already, please complete the survey included in this newsletter. It is not required for you to complete the survey to bring a Science Fair Project, but it will help us predict numbers.
- PEP Night- The Technology PEP Night is next Thursday, December 6th from 6-7:00 p.m. It will be held at Central Middle School.
- Congratulations to our basketball teams on a great week! The boys were 2-0 by defeating both Clifty Creek and Taylorsville. The girls were 1-1 and defeated Taylorsville last night!
Have a great weekend!
Science Fair! Are you coming?
- CSA K-12 Science Fair will take place on Tuesday, December 4th from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Central Middle School! You can find all the details here.
- Let us know if you are coming! Please complete the short survey below. This will help with our planning. Thank you!
Reminder: Home Alone Family Movie Night (doors open at 6; movie starts at 6:30; all children must be accompanied by an adult) and McDonald's Fundraiser (5-7) is TONIGHT!
PEP Night - Tech Night and Raffle!
After a slight weather set back our FIRST EVER PEP Night is happening next week! Nick Williams and Brenny Kummer from BCSC Tech will be providing quick "bite-sized" presentations on the programs and tech resources your kids use at school (great to be familiar with for homework and eLearning days) along with some helpful tech safety tips! We will also be raffling off a David Zinn 2019 calendar for you to keep track of all your little Huskies activities and, of course, future PEP nights! Join us for this special event on Thursday, 12/6 at 6pm at Central Middle School Room #190!*No sitter, no problem; Kids welcome*
Coke Rewards Help Needed
We're in search of parent volunteers to help enter Coke rewards codes. The job would entail picking up a bag of codes every once in a while and entering them into the Coke.com/give site as a donation to CSA Lincoln. If you have any interest in helping out, please email Shawna at email@example.com.
Family Movie Night: Home Alone - 11/30/18
Mc Donald's Fundraiser - 11/30/18
PEP Night: Tech - 12/6/18 PTO Meeting - 12/13/18
Staff Holiday Breakfast - 12/18/18
Columbus Holiday Ride '18
Mark your calendars for the third annual Columbus Holiday Bike Ride! This easy and FREE 6- mile ride is scheduled for December 5th from 4:45- 6 pm. It begins and ends at Mill Race Park, traveling along Johnathan Moore Pike to Papa's Grill, and then back. The ride celebrates alternative transportation and seeks to make a statement about climate change as we say, "WHO SAYS YOU CAN'T RIDE YOUR BIKE IN THE WINTER?"
Dress in your finest holiday ware, decorate your bike at our decoration station, win prizes, drink hot chocolate, and, of course, bundle up! Students grades 8 and below who complete the ride will be entered into a special drawing for prizes!
In the event of inclement weather, the ride will be scheduled for 12/12, same time and place.
CSA Lincoln on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter
Facebook: CSA Lincoln Community
Click here for directions on how to receive text message updates from Mr. Findley