What's Buzzin' at Bryant
Week of October 30, 2023
A Message from Mrs. Johnson
Hello Bryant families,
Bryant's student council is so excited to host their first event of the school year! For the Halloween Bash, the students determined no one should be charged to come. They just want all of their friends to come and have a great time. However, there will be light snacks available for purchase. Students MUST have a signed permission slip to attend the dance. If you will be picking your child up from the dance, we ask that you do so promptly at 4:00 pm.
Parent/Teacher conferences are right around the corner. Very soon, you will be hearing from your child's teacher to schedule a conference on November 8th or 9th. Please communicate with the teacher regarding your availability. We will do our absolute best to accommodate everyone's schedule. Please be aware on our parent/teacher conference days are non-student days. Additionally, we will be off on November 10th in observance of Veteran's Day. Please plan accordingly.
We still need your help! About half of our school population that has not finalized the parent data confirmation process. This is an important step in ensuring the information on file with the site and school district is accurate. If you have not already done so, please be sure to finalize this process by October 27th. If you need help, you can stop by the front office. We have chromebook sets up so we can support parents as needed.
As always, thank you so much for being such wonderful partners. Have a fantastic week!
RUSDs 2023 State of the District
Attention Families: Save the Date for this year's Riverside Unified State of the District!
Our annual State of the District event is an opportunity to hear about RUSD"s accomplishments, student success stories, and plans for the future.
Thursday, November 2, 2023
The Maxine Frost Performing Arts Center
5:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. - Guest reception
6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. - Program
Learn about how your district is partnering for success!
Atención familias: ¡Reserven la fecha para el Estado del Distrito Unificado de Riverside de este año!
Nuestro evento anual del Estado del Distrito es una oportunidad para escuchar acerca de los logros del RUSD,las historias sobre el éxito de los alumnos y los planes futuros.
Jueves, 2 de noviembre de 2023
En el Centro de artes escénicas Maxine Frost
5:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. - Recepción de invitados
6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. - Programa
Infórmese sobre cómo su distrito se asocia para lograr el éxito.
PTO Cheesecake, Cookie Dough & Wrap Fundraiser
Aeries Data Confirmation
We need your input!
The Core Virtue for the month of October - Gratitude
Gratitude is thankfulness for the gift of life and the gifts in life. Gratitude is the act of recognizing and acknowledging the good things that happen, resulting in a state of appreciation. This month show your gratitide and appreciation toward other for the little things they do to make your day brighter.
This month, as part of our social-emotional development discussions, classes will discuss what it means and what it looks like to show gratitude. Please join us by talking with your child about showing gratitude and appreciation to others.
Who has the best attendance?
We would love for your to volunteer!
We are so happy to welcome volunteers on campus to offer support or to attend field trips. This is a great way to ensure the school site, community, and families are all connected. If you are interested is being a volunteer, some important information you will need to know is captured below:
- All volunteers are required to be checked into RAPTOR Visitor System & be cleared via the Volunteer Clearance List for 2023-2024. If you are not on the Volunteer Clearance List you will not be allowed on campus for any reason. Volunteers will not be allowed on campus prior to 8:10 am unless cleared by administration in advance of the visit.
- The Adult Volunteer Participation process is a 4-6 week process (may be longer if there is a fingerprint processing delay).
- Be sure to inform staff of the timeline to acquire clearance for scheduled events and field trips.
- All chaperones, no matter the duration of the field trip or school event, must be fingerprinted and complete the process
Volunteer clearance renewal:
- To complete the renewal process (volunteers previously cleared during the 2022-2023 school year) all volunteers are required to complete the annual online volunteer training and confirmation form
- Tier 1 volunteers, previously cleared during the 2022-2023 school year may renew their Tier 1 clearance for the 2023-2024 school year.
If you would like to begin the volunteer clearance process, please access one of the links below.
RUSD's Family Resource Center
Parents and families are encourage to join RUSD engagement opportunities
Pathways to College and Career Family Engagement Summit
RUSD College and Career Readiness and the Family Resource Center have partnered to host the Pathways to College and Career Family Engagement Summit scheduled for October 14, 2023, at Ramona High School. Pathways Flyer
- 11/2/23 Positive ways to deal with stress and anger: Recognize signs of anger and stress, learn healthy habits, parenting tips, and resources.
- 11/8/23 Youth & Opioids: Learn tips to engage in positive conversations about substance use, including local resources and support services.
FRC Flyer 2023 FRC Fall Flier (updated quarterly)
FRC calendar of activities https://bit.ly/FRCCalendar-of-Activities
Riverside College & Career Fair
RUSD students and families are invited to attend the 19th Annual Riverside College and Career Fair taking place on September 28, at the Galleria at Tyler from 4:30 to 7:30 pm.
The event is hosted by the Riverside Chamber of Commerce and will feature over 100 colleges and professional organizations. View the event flier here.
Friday, Nov. 3rd, 12am
4324 3rd Street
Wednesday, Nov. 8th, 12am to Thursday, Nov. 9th, 12am
4324 3rd Street
No School in observance of Veteran's Day
Friday, Nov. 10th, 12am
4324 3rd Street
Bryant School of Arts and Innovation
Natanya Johnson, Principal
Melissa Gonzales, Assistant Principal
School Office Hours - 8:00 am - 3:30 pm