The Stallion Stampede
Janie Stark Elementary Parent Newsletter
February 7, 2021
Dear Stallion Families,
We are looking forward to a fun week here at Janie Stark! Valentine's Day is a day we can celebrate by showing appreciation and care for our friends and family. Similar to last year, students are free to wear a festive holiday shirt, dress, or outfit for our parties on Thursday. If your child chooses to wear a Valentine shirt or outfit, it must be school appropriate and follow the CFBISD Dress Code policy. Valentine festive holiday shirts or outfits are optional. For our remote learners, we encourage you to participate if you would like!
I love to see the excitement and joy through the eyes of the children on fun days such as Valentine's Day. Once again I am reminded that these days are sweet and they truly are the BEST of days.
To the BEST of days,
Reminder: No School on Friday, February 12th!
Valentine's Day Goodie Bags
Please watch ParentSquare for information on when you can come pick up your child's Valentine goodie bag.
Get Ready for the Virtual Talent Show!
Sponsored by the Janie Stark Dad's Club
Put on your dancing shoes, grab your art supplies, or plug in your amp! Either way, we want to hear from you. This year, the Dad's Club is sponsoring a virtual talent show and we are inviting any Janie Stark student to participate.
Although we cannot gather in-person for this event, we are planning to feature each student entry on our social media channels. Not on social media? Don't worry. We'll provide a link to a compilation video of all the entries. Grab a comfortable seat in your living room, order some takeout, and let our students provide the entertainment.
Some important things to know:
- Given the ongoing need for safety and social-distancing, we are discouraging multi-family entries. We want to see what your household has to offer!
- Entries will be verified for appropriate content before posting.
- Parents/guardians are allowed to submit a video with their student.
- Students can also submit a video on their own (one entry per student).
- Performances (singing, dancing, spoken word) are limited to 3 minutes.
- If you are submitting visual artwork, you can submit a photograph of your final presentation.
- All entries must be received by Monday March 1.
More details coming very soon!
Kindness Week 2021
World Kindness Day is February 17th. We will be celebrating kindness all week on February 16-19 with theme days and activities around the campus. Please see the description of the theme days below. As always, participation is not required. If your child chooses to participate, they may wear jeans with the daily theme! Our hope is to bring awareness to the many ways we can be kind to others, ourselves, and the community!
Remote or traditional - we hope you join us as we celebrate kindness!
- Monday, February 15 - No School
- Tuesday, February 16 - We Love KINDNESS - Wear RED or PINK
- Wednesday, February 17 - Team KINDNESS - Wear your favorite team jersey
- Thursday, February 18 - Crazy for KINDNESS - Wear a crazy hat OR a crazy mask!
- Friday, February 19 - Powered by KINDNESS - Wear a super hero shirt
Family Remote Bingo Night!
On February 19th, PTA will be hosting a remote Bingo night! Grab your blankets, log in and play Bingo with other Janie Stark families! We will have small prizes for winners. More details will be available next week in the newsletter and on our Janie Stark PTA Facebook page. Mark your calendar to join us!
If you would like to send a positive shout out to a staff member, please complete this brief form below.
Janie Stark Staff Shout-Outs
Need another car tag?
Are you and your family needing another car tag for dismissal?
Please click here to complete the Google form and order additional car tags. Please note that we will only print additional car tags once a week on Wednesdays, so your patience is appreciated. We will get you the additional car tag on Wednesdays when it is created.