2-D and 3-D Shapes
2 & 3-D Books
- Circus Shapes (MathStart) Recognizing Shapes
- Shapes, Shapes, Shapes by Tana Hoban
- The Shape of Things by Dayle Ann Dodds
- The Greedy Triangle by Marilyn Burns
- Icky Bug Shapes by Jerry Pallotta
- Twizzlers Shapes and Patterns by Jerry Pallotta
- Sea Shapes by Suse MacDonald
- sOLID SHAPES (big book)
Face, Vertices, and Edges
Relate Planar and solid figures
Use 2D or 3D shapes to create a new shape: use a specific shape to create a given shape. (i.e. triangles to create a trapezoid).
What Shape Is It?
Fun for whole class participation.