Gold price, characteristics, and uses.
- Gold is worth 1216.20 US Dollars per ounce
- Gold is most malleable, and ductile of metals.
- It's unaffected by air, water and most corrosive compounds.
- Its melting point is 1064 degrees celsius.
- Its boiling point is 2856 degrees celsius.
- A single gram can be beaten into a sheet of 1 square meter.
- Gold readily dissolves in mercury at room temperature.
- Gold is a good conductor of heat and electricity.
- Gold is not chemically inert.
- Gold is very dense, a cubic meter has a mass of 19,300 kg
- Gold is yellow unlike most other pure metals which are gray or silvery white.
- The main use of gold is in jewellery, however it is also used in electronics, computers, dentistry, medicine and several other things.