Glenview Weekly Update
February 23, 2022
This week, we celebrated "Twos" Day! Students and staff wore tutus, ties, and tiaras to enjoy the day. Please see our Facebook page for pictures! We also encourage parents to attend tonight's Cyber Safety presentation in the High School auditorium at 6:00pm.
Next week is Read Across America week. Please see the attached flyer for all the details. We hope your child will participate each day!
We are currently in the middle of Spirit Week! A special thanks goes out to Mrs. White and Mrs. Ragan who planned and organized our "Week at the Beach!" Today is Beach Ball Day, where students will play silent ball sometime during the day. Tomorrow, all students make a beach art themed project. We wrap up on Friday by dressing in our favorite vacation attire (no bathing suits), and enjoying a special treat!
Please see the attachment for information on Read Across America week, starting Monday, February 28th.
Mrs. Lauren Orfe
(856) 547-7647 x 6000
Garden club is open to students in grades K-6 and will be held at Atlantic Ave. School starting on March 24th. Please see attached flyer for info.
HADDON HEIGHTS PARENT TEACHER GROUP - NEWS AND INFORMATION:
- In an effort to avoid scheduling conflicts with the February 23rd Cyber Safety Parent Night program, the next HHPTG General Public Meeting has been rescheduled and will now be be held on Wednesday, March 2, 2022 at 7:00 p.m. via Zoom. Calling all current volunteers, new volunteers, and parents and guardians who are interested in becoming involved in running events, creating supplemental learning opportunities for students, investing in our teachers, and so much more! Stay tuned for more details about this meeting.
- The HHPTG Science Fair is back in-person and will be held on Thursday, March 10, 2022 in Glenview's Multipurpose Room, 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Sign-up sheets for both individual and student groups, as well as for volunteer judges, are attached. We are also looking for snack and beverage donations for the event's concession stand. Parents, please sign up to help out with this event and have your students sign up with their individual or group science experiments and project ideas!
- A reminder to order your student's 2021-2022 Elementary School Yearbook! Please see attached flyer with information and options on how to order a yearbook, as well as instructions on how to purchase a celebratory yearbook booster. The price for a yearbook is now $30 and the deadline to order a yearbook for your student is April 1, 2022. Sixth Grade families do not need to order a yearbook, as one will be provided to each Sixth Grade student as a complimentary item, but you are encouraged to order a yearbook booster!
- Don't forget to participate in the Box Tops for Education Program! When you buy products with the Box Tops logo, simply scan your receipt (from in-person and online purchases) and earn funds for our elementary schools that we can use toward assemblies, social events, student groups, teacher grants, and so much more! Please see attached flyer for more information and instructions.
Cyber Safety Parent Assembly TONIGHT!
We are happy to announce that we are hosting our cyber safety parent night again! We are lucky enough to have a special agent with the Department of Homeland Security and a detective with the Camden County Prosecutor’s Office to join us and present this critical topic on cyber safety for our students! We are so excited to also present this to our students for an assembly!
The detective will be covering topics such as:
1. Cyber bullying.
2. How and why to make your social media/gaming accounts private.
3. The dangers of meeting people online, not sending/asking for/posting inappropriate images/videos online.
4. Possible consequences of not being careful online.
Please see the flyer attached.
Parent conference- 2/23/22 6 pm Haddon Heights Jr-Sr High School
February 23rd: Cyber Safety Parent Night
February 24th- Cyber Bullying Student Assembly (Grades 3-6)
February 25- Sports Gear Day; High School Musical Preview (Grades K-6)
February 28 to March 4- Read Across America Week
March 4th- 1/2 day In-service
March 18th- 1/2 day In-service
Lessons of the Week!
Mrs. Lutz's 1st grade
The objective of this lesson was to make numbers in different ways. For example, 44 is made of 4 tens and 4 ones. It can also be made from 3 tens and 14 ones. In this lesson, we have icebergs around the classroom. The students have penguin cards with tens and ones on the penguins' bellies. They needed to count the tens and ones, then place the penguin on their "home iceberg". We loved solving each of these cards and finding the penguins' home iceberg!
Phase Two: effective January 26, 2022, all Haddon Heights students who meet any of the following criteria should isolate for at least 5 full days and may return to school on day 6 if they are asymptomatic:
- test positive for COVID-19 infection
- have symptoms of COVID-19 (including those waiting for test results or who haven’t been tested)
- are exposed close contacts age 12 or older who completed the primary series of a recommended COVID-19 vaccine, but have not received a recommended booster shot when eligible or who are not fully vaccinated.
Returning students on days 6-10 will need to wear their masks at all times, including at recess. Students will also eat lunch in an auxiliary room until the 10 day timeline is complete. If you do not want your child to follow these protocols for lunch, you may sign them out for lunch, and sign them in upon return. If you have any questions regarding our new protocol, please contact the main office. We thank you in advance for your flexibility during this time.
They must wear a well-fitted mask at home and in public through day 10. Symptomatic individuals must remain isolated for the 10 day period.
Please allow teachers up to 24 hours to effectively start virtual learning if your child is home for quarantine.
Breakfast Menu- February
Breakfast- February 2022
Grab and Go Breakfast
Breakfast will be served at all elementary schools. This will be a “grab and go” style where students can take it to their homeroom. Breakfast is FREE for all students for the 2021-2022 school year. Please help yourself each day. Should you not want your child to participate in the free breakfast program, please advise your child’s teacher. Thank you.
Lunch Menu- February
Lunch- February 2022
As you know, the school lunches are free. As the students enter their classrooms, the teacher will ask each student if they brought lunch from home or if they are getting a school lunch. The teachers will take the students' school lunch orders based on the menu choices for that day. The menus are located on the school website. If the student is getting a school lunch for that day, we will assume that you approved your child to receive and consume the school lunch.
Any Questions? Call HHSD: 856.547-1920 ext. 5535