By: Ana Silva
What is it ?
Signs of Domestic Violence
- Fear of Someone you love
- Scared to get the other person mad
- Receiving gifts each time you get hit, as forgiveness and they do it again
- When the other person is mad constantly and taking their anger out on you
- When they don't let you hang out with other people
How to get out of a domestic violence situation
- Get out immediately, and get away from that relationship
- Talk to someone you trust
- Find help
- Go to a place where you feel safe
Why people tend to stay ?
- They are scared if they leave, it will get worse
- They think they will change
- They are blind love
- They have children with the abuser, "The kids need their father."
- "I have no where else to go"
- "They were only mad, it was my fault"
Impact of Domestic Violence on Children
What friends and family do to help....
- Repeat the situation to them, so they can see it from a different point of view
- Offer them help
- Offer them a place to stay for the night if they aren't safe
- If it gets really worse,and you see evidence, find help
Where to seek for help ?
- Police Station (warrant)
"What Is Domestic Violence - Google Search." What Is Domestic Violence - Google Search. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 Dec. 2014.
"Domestic Violence Infographics." Pinterest. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 Dec. 2014.
"Compelling Reasons Women Stay." Domestic Abuse Project RSS. N.p., n.d. Web. 16 Dec. 2014.
"Saving Lives, Giving Hope." The National Domestic Violence Hotline RSS2. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 Dec. 2014.
"Impact of Domestic Violence on Children | Sisterhood of Natural Hair."Impact of Domestic Violence on Children | Sisterhood of Natural Hair. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 Dec. 2014.