Genetically Modified Organisms
Health risks and benefits
Benefits of GMO's.
- Creating plants better resistant to weeds, pest and other diseases; such as corn
- Corn is the most important and widely grown grain in the United States.however, corn cannot reproduce without human aid.
- Corn is also vulnerable to many pests and diseases, and corn requires a lot of nutrients.
- Bigger yields to create more efficient use of land, less uses of herbicides and other pesticides.
- Foods with better texture, flavor and nutritional value.Foods with a longer shelf life for easier shipping
Risks of GMO's
- Resistant Weeds
- Higher Levels Of Plant Estrogens
- Unknown Toxins
- Risk Of Negative Interactions
- No Long Term Research
Opinion on GMO's
I believe that GMO's could have a very positive effect because they can be produced much faster and more efficiently. Along with using GMO's I think they should be labeled for people that don't want to take the risks that they bring.