The Titan Times: Week 5
The River Place Elementary School (RPE) Campus Newsletter
In this Edition:
- Message from the Principal
- Mark Your Calendars and Links to District and Lunch Calendars
- Growing a Titan Mindset and Connection Every Day!
- Upcoming Election Information: Leander ISD Props A & B
- Special Programs Information
- GT, Quest, and Destination Imagination Information
- Counselor's Connection Info & Nurse's Nook Info
- Website Information to Support Communication
- Ways to Stay Engaged
There is a lot going on this week on campus! We launched our APEX two week-long event on campus TODAY. To the right of this message, you'll see our APEX leaders, Cookie K and Juice Box. The purpose of this organization is to mix leadership, fitness, and entertainment in the school day while growing our school funds to support innovative, flexible spaces in our library and expanding our teachers' access to instructional tools and devices. Be on the look out for information from your Titan's classroom teacher.
PTA will have their first general meeting on Wednesday, September 14th at 6 PM. Please come on out and join our PTA if you haven't done so already. Upon joining, you will be entered to win various gift cards and Titan gear. Before the meeting begins, we will have a LISD voter information session to learn more about Propositions A & B on the November ballot. At the meeting, you will hear your campus administration team share a bit about our campus, learn of ways to get engaged with our community through PTA, and much more. We hope to see you there tomorrow night!
International Dot Day is on Thursday, September 15, 2022. Why are we so passionate about this day? We are firm believers in the power of literacy, and this day celebrates and showcases how kids and grown ups inspire us in little and big ways through creativity, collaboration, and courage. Please take some time to re-discover or realize the power and potential each of you are creating in our community through the confidence and courage you exhibit day in and out as a family member within our Titan community. Feel free to email me pictures of how you spark creation, collaboration, and courage during this special day. This day is also the start of a month long observance and celebration of Hispanic Heritage.
Below you will see pictures from our Grandparent's Day Luncheon last week. It was a joyful time on campus to see and feel the type of love and spirit our Titan's have around them from their grandparent(s). As one grandparent shared with our office team, "We provide a different, special kind of love as a grandparent". Many thanks to those who came out and shared it with us.
Here's to another lovely week of striving and thriving in our community, Titans! Please feel free to reach out anytime. We are here to serve.
Dr. Amy Sharp
Proud RPE Principal
Mark Your Calendars
- 13th: APEX Pep Rally at 1:30 PM and Start of Fundraiser
- 14th: PTA General Meeting at 6 PM in the Cafeteria
- 15th: International Dot Day! Learn more here. Wear your dots!
- 15- October 15th: National Hispanic Heritage Month
- 17th: Constitution Day and Celebrate Freedom Week
- 23rd: APEX fun run!
- Here are the APEX fun run time slots: 8:30 AM (Kinder and 1st); 9:30 AM (2nd and 3rd); and 10:30 AM (4th and 5th)
- Because this interferes with lunches, the following change will be made for this day: 2nd grade will have lunch from 10:50- 11:20 AM (fun run from 9:30- 10:30); 3rd grade will have lunch from 11:35- 12:05 PM (fun run from 9:30- 10:30); 4th grade will have lunch from 12:00- 12:30 PM (fun run from 10:30- 11:30); and 5th grade will have lunch from 12:20- 12:50 PM (fun run from 10:30- 11:30).
- 26th: Staff Development Day (No School for Students)
- 29th: Site-Based Planning Committee (SBPC) or RPE's Campus Impact Team, Meeting #1
- 30th: American Indian Heritage Day
This details the entire school year's student holidays, staff development days, early release, etc.
If you are a family who needs support with purchasing Titan gear, please reach out to our school counselor, Ms. Jennifer Randall, at firstname.lastname@example.org
MUST KNOWS FOR THE COMMUNITY
Upcoming Election Information
Check out information here: Leander ISD Props A & B Information
Information sessions in our area are coming soon!
Call for Applications: Gifted and Talented (GT) District Advisory
QUEST Program Information
Referrals for Gifted and Talented (QUEST) services are accepted year-round.
Elementary students referred for testing by Friday, January 6, 2023 will be screened to determine the need for additional GT Assessment and Identification.
Those that qualify for additional screening will be notified by February 10, 2023 and will be assessed throughout the spring semester.
Notification of results will be sent prior to the end of the Spring semester.
Click the following link to refer your child to Quest:
Fill out the Quest Referral Form if interested in making a referral.
Destination Imagination Information
Does your 3rd-5th grade child like to build, design, invent, create, perform, and work with a team to solve challenges? If so, he or she might be interested in participating in Destination Imagination (DI). DI is an extracurricular, school- sponsored program that fosters creativity, team-based problem-solving skills and life skills for students. Leander ISD DI is open to all students in third through twelfth grades. The goal of DI is to cultivate the creative problem-solving process and make it an unconscious part of students’ everyday lives.
If your child is interested in participating in DI, you will need to submit a registration form. There are two ways to submit this form. One way is to print a copy of the 2022-2023 DI Student Registration Form, fill it out, and either scan and email it to your campus rep at email@example.com or return it to your campus. All registration forms are due by Friday, October 7th.
Early pick up time cutoff is at 2:15 p.m., and it must be updated as leaving early in School Dismissal Manager. Thanks!
Check Out Our Website for...
- the Most Up to Date Information
- School Dismissal Manager Info
- Bus Information/ Smart Tag Info
- Car Rider Information (or Click Here for Video)
- Calendar Information
- Grade Level Team and Teacher Websites
The team proudly serves students in the areas of Special Education, Section 504, Homebound services, and Response to Intervention.
September Ethical Behavior is: Respect for Others
Learn more about how to report COVID to our campus and much more.
Learn more about how you can support our literacy program by volunteering to read to our Titans!
River Place Elementary Titan Community
Here are our Titan Community Communication Tools-
- River Place Elementary School Website
- Twitter Account
- PTA Facebook Page
- Remind App for River Place Insiders