Diving Into Literacy for All!
UM-NSU CARD 2018 Autism Summer Institute
Emergent to Early Conventional Literacy for Students with Autism & Related Disabilities: Apps Included!
Literacy for All!
Join us for a FREE 2-day workshop!
For students with autism and related disorders, reading instruction must include both word study and a strong focus on reading comprehension. Day 1 will cover assessment ideas and specific strategies to support for all components of balanced literacy including:
• Shared Reading, helping students build language and enjoy reading;
• Guided Reading, using the Anchor / Read / Apply approach;
• Self-Selected Reading, helping students find and access age-respectful, engaging materials;
• Word Study, from phonological awareness to interactive phonics;
The day will include tips for getting everyone onboard and excited about pushing for quality, research-based literacy instruction. For each area, you will see several apps and how to use those apps interactively.
Registration is Free!
Writing - Day 2
- Assessment of Emergent Writing
- Interactive Writing Activities
- Creating Books
- Poetry Power & Apps for Publishing
- Feedback for Emergent Writers
- Intro To Conventional Writing: Process Writing
- Pre-Writing: Topic Setting, Ideas, and Graphic Organizers
- Drafting, Revising, Editing, & Publishing Writing
UM-NSU CARD Summer Institute
Thursday, June 14th, 7:30am to Friday, June 15th, 3:30pm
3200 South University Drive, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33314, USA
Registration opens at 7:30
Workshop begins at 8:30.