Class of 2021
Update: Week of 4/12 - 4/16
We are almost there!
We have 7 weeks left of school and we need everyone at graduation. Please make sure to be checking in with your teachers for both attendance and turning in your work! During these last few weeks, it can be easy to take your foot off the pedal, but keep working hard and we will get through the rest of these weeks. It will come around quickly, so work hard and stay focused!
2021 Graduation Update
2021 Graduation Update
At this time, the district is planning to allow six tickets per graduate. This is subject to change as they could possibly allow for more or fewer tickets depending on the local status with regard to COVID cases and protocols. We will let you all know about ticket distribution as soon as we get further information.
The graduation schedule is:
- Weiss – Wednesday, June 2
Graduation will be held at The Pfield and begin at 8:30 a.m. We know there are many questions as to what the ceremonies will look like, but many decisions will be based on guidance from local and state health officials depending on the situation at that time. PfISD will provide additional information as soon as decisions are made.
We are happy to announce that we will have PROM this year! This is a special event, so dress your best! The information is below:
Date: Saturday, May 1, 2021
Time: 8:00 pm - 11:21 pm
location: Weiss High School Stadium
- PRINT AND TURN IN ATTACHED FORM TO THE FRONT OFFICE.
- Prom is free, no need to purchase tickets, and names will be checked at the entrance. ID is required to attend (either school ID or state issued ID).
- Appropriate attire is required.
- No re-entry. If you leave the Prom, you will not be allowed re-entry.
- Security will be onsite throughout Prom.
- ALL school rules and regulations in accordance with the PfISD Code of Conduct will be enforced for ALL prom attendees.
- This is a Senior Prom. 1 guest per Senior can attend when all documents have been signed. Senior guest who are underclassmen must provide name, ID, and parent signature are at the bottom of this form. Non-WHS guests must fill out Non-WHS Student Guest Information Form.
- No student may attend if he or she is currently assigned suspension (in school or outside school) or has been assigned to an alternative school setting (either in PfISD or other district).
- This is a school sponsored event. If students or guests are found to be under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs, they will be turned over to the police officer, parents will be called and student will be removed from the Prom, and receive further discipline from Weiss High School.
Prom Contract and Guest Information Sheet is attached. Please review the guidelines and information for guests.
The Prom Contract must be turned in to the front office.
The Guest Information Sheet must be fully completed in order for guest to attend.
Prom King and Queen Nomination and Superlatives Nominations
Nominate your Prom King and Queen for the WHS 2021 Prom. Fill out the Google Nomination Form link attached. This is your opportunity to decide who will be in the running for your WHS 2021 Prom.
Here is the link:
Cap and Gown Distribution
- May 12- We will set up in the same location (Athletic Hallway) for students to pick up cap & gown and other items ordered.
- Obligations must be taken care of before cap & gown can be distributed.
If you did not order cap and gown, orders can still be placed at:
Weiss HS Credit Recovery
We are offering extra credit recovery time to students during the evenings Monday through Thursday (4:30 pm - 6:30 pm) and on Saturdays (9:00 am - 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm).
Location: Weiss High School Library/Computer labs or via Zoom. On Saturdays, please enter through the back of the library (Entrance #14).
The date are below:
April 12 - April 15, Saturday, April 17
April 19 - April 22, Saturday, April 24
April 26 - April 29, Saturday, May 1
May 3 - May 6, Saturday, May 8
May 10 - May 13, Saturday, May 15
May 17 - May 20, Saturday, May 22
Zoom information for students who are virtual:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 884 4010 7421