Montana and Idaho
The Western Region
- The capital of Montana is Helena.
- The population is 1.024 million.
- The Rockys and Great Plains go through Montana.
- Montana has many wheat farms.
- Montana is nicknamed the "Treasure State'
Idaho is the 14th largest state in the United States but 39th in population. It is 83,568 square miles. Idaho is know for its potato crop, they produce about one fourth of the nations potato crop. Mining and farming are both very important in Idaho. They are ranked high for silver, garnet, and lead.
- Idaho's capital is Boise.
- Their population is 1,567,582 as of 2010
- Idaho's nickname is the "Gem State"
- It became a state July 3, 1890